GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dropped Oil Pan - Found This!

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
This crank walk is coming up a little too often. ..

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Are there certain years or models affected? I have read the thread on this before, here or on Vortex. I have an Alltrack modded up pretty good......see signature. I hate worrying about this kind of stuff. But really, not like you could tear down engine to check it right? This car is not my DD, a play toy basically. Well, if it goes maybe I'll do a stout build, hybrid turbo and MPI!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Are there certain years or models affected? I have read the thread on this before, here or on Vortex. I have an Alltrack modded up pretty good......see signature. I hate worrying about this kind of stuff. But really, not like you could tear down engine to check it right? This car is not my DD, a play toy basically. Well, if it goes maybe I'll do a stout build, hybrid turbo and MPI!

I’ve heard of it happening on all years 2015-2019.

At 77k miles on my FBO stage 2, DKM twin disk daily/track toy I don’t loose any sleep over it.

Sure it would suck, crank walk almost always means the block is ruined and can’t be rebuilt so I’d just be hunting down a smashed donor car to part out.

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Is this also reported on the 1.8 5MT TSI ? Is there any to spot it early, such as signs of wear on the parts ?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wow. I've heard of the early my15 build dates having crank walk, but a stock 16, this has to be one of the few....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Between this and the overall below par feel of the stock clutch, it's almost like VW is trying to force us all over to dsg so they don't have to support the lower volume manuals anymore.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
It's working. My car will have a dsg, not even a doubt in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk