GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drop-in direct injectors from A4, S3, Golf R into GTI

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Can you just drop in Golf R, S3, A4 injectors into a GTI without a tune or issues?

Lots of parts numbers suggest this.
I would like to send a set of 06L906036K to injector RX clinic for cleaning and 5% more fuel sounds mildly interesting

Looks like I'll pay more for cleaning

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Can you just drop in Golf R, S3, A4 injectors into a GTI without a tune or issues?

Lots of parts numbers suggest this.
I would like to send a set of 06L906036K to injector RX clinic for cleaning and 5% more fuel sounds mildly interesting

Looks like I'll pay more for cleaning
Injectors may flow more, but the tune prescribes the amount called/requested.....no?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
JB4 would allow for higher FOL should increase flow. Ordered I guess I'll find out $50, eh

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Jb4s FOL increase to fueling are minimal at best... you should talk to George at BMS about the injectors, he tested them at one point when was trying to max out an is38 on a gti/ jb4 setup. I’m guessing the whole golf r injector “mod” is negligible really cause it was only an attempted mod early on in the mk7 platforms and then never really touched on again.

Nostrum recently released their e888 injector upgrade (not fully clear that they work with all gen3 cars) that looks promising but will require custom tuning from some one familiar with upgrading to actual higher flowing injectors as when it comes to DI injection there are many details at play beyond mere “flow” like injection windows based on the fuel pressures

https://www.nostrumshop.com/product/vag-1-8l-2l-turbo-four-cylinder-ea888/

Last edited:

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Jb4s FOL increase to fueling are minimal at best... you should talk to George at BMS about the injectors, he tested them at one point when was trying to max out an is38 on a gti/ jb4 setup. I’m guessing the whole golf r injector “mod” is negligible really cause it was only an attempted mod early on in the mk7 platforms and then never really touched on again.

Nostrum recently released their e888 injector upgrade (not fully clear that they work with all gen3 cars) that looks promising but will require custom tuning from some one familiar with upgrading to actual higher flowing injectors as when it comes to DI injection there are many details at play beyond mere “flow” like injection windows based on the fuel pressures

https://www.nostrumshop.com/product/vag-1-8l-2l-turbo-four-cylinder-ea888/
I've seen this. I really wonder if $800 would be worth the cheddar. Looking into MPI at that price instead

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The only reason I would want to get those injectors is for the flow matching. Not worth it at that price plus a new custom tune. I wish someone sold stock flow matched injectors. I asked Nosttum about that and was told there is no such thing as flow matched. They just make a set out of the 4 that flow very close to the same.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
The only reason I would want to get those injectors is for the flow matching. Not worth it at that price plus a new custom tune. I wish someone sold stock flow matched injectors. I asked Nosttum about that and was told there is no such thing as flow matched. They just make a set out of the 4 that flow very close to the same.
Buy a used set and have them serviced and flow tested, Bryce Jordan that has a build series on Youtube sent his out and they where horrible but was serviceable.

Bryce Jordan [Productions] på Instagram: "Wow! So glad I sent my direct injectors out to be cleaned and flow tested. This could've gone real bad real fast. 80k on them running…"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Right, no injector is going to perfectly match to another. MFG tolerances aren't that tight, this isn't medical grade equipment, lol. +/- a few percent is good enough to be considered flow matched.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Did you check the link? His flowed 88, 119, 164, 137 before with 2 dripping and 169, 170, 171 and 171 with excellent pattern after service.
It was Nostrum who pointed out to me that there is no such thing as flow matched injectors. They said that they produce a batch of injectors and then pair 4 that are close to flowing the same.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Flow matching is taking injectors, flow testing them, and grouping them accordingly.

"They said that they produce a batch of injectors and then pair 4 that are close to flowing the same."

What they are doing there IS flow matching.

"I asked Nosttum about that and was told there is no such thing as flow matched. They just make a set out of the 4 that flow very close to the same."

They must be fucking with you then. They are flow matching them.

JPB WORLDWIDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 Golf R, RIP GTI S
I think they're stating that they won't be a perfect 'match' but that they'll get as close as they can to 'matching' flow. But yes they're matching flow.