GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving profiles modification tool!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Trying to find the sweet spot, where this table is more clear and useful.

And @Cuzoe , while looking at this... I wonder if the "00" column potentially works for Ambient Lighting profiles on power off!
I'm not sure... I think we were all semi-ranting about this on the GitHub... but I can't get that function to work. At some point I hope to do more testing.

Is there some modification we can make to add more hours to the day, or maybe 1 more day to the week :unsure: (as long as our employers don't find out about that extra day).

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I'm not sure... I think we were all semi-ranting about this on the GitHub... but I can't get that function to work. At some point I hope to do more testing.

Is there some modification we can make to add more hours to the day, or maybe 1 more day to the week :unsure: (as long as our employers don't find out about that extra day).
I'll say yes to a salary increase of 20% in that case.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
This is pretty cool. Was curious about that Nurburgring mode after hearing about it with the Clubsport s and maybe tcr. Is it available for golf r and what does it change?

Also possible to default to exhaust valves open and sport mode? If so that is enough for me. Can you default gearshift to sport or is that one of the options that isn’t available?

With profiles is mirror position an option? I was considering installing the seat memory module and would be great if both could be tied to a profile or if one was selected it would adjust both.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@FSTSNAL If you check the FAQ you cannot add any modes your car did not come with. But you can replace an existing mode with a different one and set it however you like. For example, I could replace my Eco mode with Comfort. I could then set everything the way I want it for my custom "Comfort" mode. But changing that profile from Eco mode to Comfort does not add any features that my car did not have. In theory, I could have just changed all the settings and left the name as Eco.

There isn't technically a "default" mode. But some modes are set up such that the car will not start in that mode after an ignition cycle. The simplest way to achieve what you want is to allow every mode as a start mode. So if you turn the car off in Sport it will start up in Sport, off in Normal it will start up in Normal, off in Eco it will start up in Eco, etc.

The exhaust valves are specific control and factory configuration is they will never start out open... which is their "sport" mode. With the tool you can change it so that they can start out open. And if you wanted you could even make it so they are open in every mode.

Mirror/seat memory doesn't have anything to do with driving modes. That has to do with personalization profiles. You can activate those with coding. Of course you will need the memory seats...
On a facelift car the BCM no longer has long coding, but all of those same options are in the adaptations and work the same.

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
@Chillout I think there is a bug in the FPA editor when you export the dataset.
I tested it like this:
  1. Selected the dataset JA00 and saved it without changes.
  2. Import the unedited dataset.
If I select the JA00 dataset, General looks like this:
1678975023533.png

After I saved the dataset, without any changes, General looks like this:
1678975065486.png

I also made a quick how-to for the DCC Sider.
I don't know if you want/need it, but I'll attach it to this post.

I forgot to pull my gateway L dataset before I replaced my gateway.
But I'll do that the next time I need ODIS Online. :)
On the other hand, I pulled my DCC dataset (without slider), any interest in that?

dvw.r

Attachments

• FPADCC.pdf
    202.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@dvw.r I don't know if it's on the mqbtool site (I may have missed it) but you may want to add to your pdf that the DCC module must be software index C for this to work. And you will need an index C appropriate dataset for the DCC module as well.

Without that the slider won't be doing anything. In theory requests 1, 2, and 3 would you mean you are stuck in Comfort (or softer). But in my car DCC was stuck somewhere quite firm when I had the slider without the DCC module firmware/dataset. I'm running the Arteon dataset, but there are others of course.

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
@Cuzoe I will complete the how-to this evening with all the information. I only covered the FPA editor side but you're right, make it complete, why not :)
And yes I know, I drove around for 2 days without the dcc dataset but I changed the request values to 1 2 3 for the right profiles so my dcc was still working.

Atm everything is functional, even tested some other stuff (undocumented) but 9/10 it broke my profiles. :ROFLMAO:
I use the 010 template and script but wanted to try the website, but it looks like the save function has a bug.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm easily at 100+ flashes, 90+ had something broken obviously... and all done with 010 😶.
I'm actually trying to think of what I might want to change just so I can try the website.

This is for the other thread... at some point I've gotta edit the GCA so I can control the brightness of the Ambien+ overhead light.
Oddly enough the image shows when coded (verbauinfo_hmi) as does the adjustment sun, but it doesn't adjust. The zone is not defined in my GCA.

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I tried the website so I could explain it to other people, it's easier. :)

Regarding your gca file, if you want you could share it with me and I'll take a look.
Does the light itself doesn't adjust or the 'glow' on your screen? If the zone wasn't defined properly you wouldn't see it (I guess).
If it's just the light, it could be a wrong group coding?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
@Chillout I think there is a bug in the FPA editor when you export the dataset.
I tested it like this:
  1. Selected the dataset JA00 and saved it without changes.
  2. Import the unedited dataset.
If I select the JA00 dataset, General looks like this:
View attachment 275736

After I saved the dataset, without any changes, General looks like this:
View attachment 275737

I also made a quick how-to for the DCC Sider.
I don't know if you want/need it, but I'll attach it to this post.

I forgot to pull my gateway L dataset before I replaced my gateway.
But I'll do that the next time I need ODIS Online. :)
On the other hand, I pulled my DCC dataset (without slider), any interest in that?

dvw.r

Thanks. I fixed it this morning. Was a bit busy with work this week, but now all should work fine.

And here's a little preview of what's next:
1679062414999.png

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I haven't yet pinned down the exact settings for the R button... but you can start ordering so I have someone who can test :LOL:
Time for weekend now... the button stuff is live, although it's not finished yet.. help texts and such are still missing.

dvw.r

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
@Chillout Excel fun :) Tried to do the same a couple of days ago, but not really my knowledge base so I was muddling through it (Dutch: aan het kloten eigenlijk...)
Do you have any information somewhere about the different cars and their buttons and behavior?
I'm searching for a car that has a normal driving mode button, but if you long press it goes to a certain mode (eg. to Race).

If you have any data that needs a closer look or testing, just let me know. ;)

dvw.r