GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driving Mode Retrofit

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Ok so from all the information you provided these are the steps( correct me if i'm wrong)

1.all the modules that are involved in the driving mode system need to be stock( as from factory, doesn't matter what you retrofitted, just get it stock) and make sure to remove CP.
2. Go Into ODIS, And perform An online coding update for the above modules( Make sure to do a full backup of all modules coding and adaptations incase you need to revert something)
3. Install the driving mode switch by following the manual.
4. go into ODIS Again and perform and FEC Activation( I Believe ODIS Calls it Function Clearing System or FES), write the 3 codes In the manual and if you did everything correctly this should work.
5. reinstall your retrofitted modules back, Remove CP once again, and if you changed your gateway then you need step 6.
6. Perform an FEC Restore, this will restore all the options you have back to your current gateway and now will also restore the retrofitted driving modes.
I have never done this... but I would suspect the process looks like the steps you mentioned.

One thing though, depending on what gateway you have retrofitted... I don't know that restoring a FEC also loads a dataset, but hopefully it does. Having a FEC for driving modes doesn't do much if the gateway dataset doesn't have driving modes configured.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I have never done this... but I would suspect the process looks like the steps you mentioned.

One thing though, depending on what gateway you have retrofitted... I don't know that restoring a FEC also loads a dataset, but hopefully it does. Having a FEC for driving modes doesn't do much if the gateway dataset doesn't have driving modes configured.
Well, I Hope it Does :)

Do you know by a chance If I have only 1 try with my code?

Meaning If I tried activating the driving modes and the process failed, do I have another chance or Is the code gone?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Well, I Hope it Does :)

Do you know by a chance If I have only 1 try with my code?

Meaning If I tried activating the driving modes and the process failed, do I have another chance or Is the code gone?
That's probably a question for the workshop that you're having do the work... As you are in the EU you could also ask a dealer I suppose... Or you will find out the answer yourself if you are doing the work yourself and it fails 😬.

Being in North America none of these codes I have ever been able to work for me so I couldn't say one way or the other. Feature activation code process you are trying, as envisioned by VW, does not exist here.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I don't know if you ever went through with this, but I did read a post where someone tried activating AppConnect the official way, with activation document. They said ODIS rejected the code. I don't know exactly what "rejected" means in this context, but their dealer was ultimately unable to get it done. They ended up going with one of the many activation solutions available for app connect. Of course, app connect is much simpler than driving modes.