GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

drivers side headlight wont stay on

Joverclock

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello!
I thought I had another burnt out headlight but the bulb appears to be loose. I have tried reseating the low beam several times but it just keeps on turning off. If I press down on the bulb holder the light turns on. Anyone else have this issue or a fix without replacing the entire headlight housing? I replaced the bulb too. I assume Im out of warranty on my 16 with 66k on it.

Pmrussell892

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
16 mk7 gti
Bump. I have the exact same problem. Put some pressure on the part the headlight inserts into, and headlight goes on. Let the pressure off and the headlight goes out. Did you ever find a solution?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Bump. I have the exact same problem. Put some pressure on the part the headlight inserts into, and headlight goes on. Let the pressure off and the headlight goes out. Did you ever find a solution?

He was last in the forum in January.

Pmrussell892

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
16 mk7 gti
Does not mean someone else cannot chime in. I cannot be the only one this has happened too. A forum search does not reveal any other conversations either.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Does not mean someone else cannot chime in. I cannot be the only one this has happened too. A forum search does not reveal any other conversations either.

Of course you can chime in but you asked him a question so I didn't want you to wait for a response from someone who isn't in the forum anymore.

Pmrussell892

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
16 mk7 gti
Appreciate it. I know a response is a long shot. But worth a try... trying to decide on replacing the complete headlight assembly, or just the clip that the bulb sits in. Looks like I will end up pulling the bumper, and taking a look either way.