GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver's door illuminated red stripe not as bright as on passenger door

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I've never done it but it's a thin flexible led? strip. a bad connector is possible. That being said I would ignore it if it was my car but yours is under wtty. Let a dealer take the risk/repair.

This is a job you want the dealer to like you first. If you just bought it talk to your sales person first to have them talk nice to the shop.....or buy doughnuts.

Mud

Last edited:

cblock406

Ready to race!
When we picked up ours new the passenger side was unplugged. Brought back to dealer to fix, and they didn't put the sill back on correctly :mad:

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
The light strip that goes on the door is basically a tiny LED illuminating the optical tube or a acrylic sheet. its soldered to the flexible pcb and has a current limiting resistor. If the resistor or the LED is bad, it would either glow dim, flicker or go completely dead. Loose plug or disconnected plug will not cause a low brightness issue but rather completely go dark.

Thats the reason i suggested replacing it out completely, ideally as a pair (both doors) so the brightness is uniform.

If you are not comfortable diagnosing it yourself (pulling out the door card, prying out the trim, etc) have it done at the shop.