GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Survey

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Lol that article confirms all the stereotypes. I was surprised the GTI’s weren’t on the highest crashes list too, along with the most speeding tickets. I assumed both went hand in hand like the WRX... I guess GTI owners keep the TC on? 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The most surprising part of that is listing the Toyota Celica on the "Car Models with the Rudest Drivers" list. Celicas have been out of production for almost 15 years, and I hardly see them on the road anymore.

Jantriis02

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Lol that article confirms all the stereotypes. I was surprised the GTI’s weren’t on the highest crashes list too, along with the most speeding tickets. I assumed both went hand in hand like the WRX... I guess GTI owners keep the TC on? 😂
These statistics are really fun to read. I am proud to admit that I contributed to the speeding tickets one, but the crashes one I am fortunately in the clear. FUnny bout the Scubaru guys

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Go Dodge Ram. Made the top 10. Not surprised as they're always trying to run or speed up to prevent merge or various other shenanigans

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I consider myself a pretty courteous driver anyways, but when I'm in the BMW, I go out of my way to be extra-courteous towards everyone else on the road.. just because of the bad reputation. When I lived back in SoCal I resisted getting a BMW for years because I didn't want to deal with the stigma.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
The most surprising part of that is listing the Toyota Celica on the "Car Models with the Rudest Drivers" list. Celicas have been out of production for almost 15 years, and I hardly see them on the road anymore.

Same goes for the Element, although they are still out there.

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
As a former Impreza owner, I'm a bit embarrassed that I fall under both the speeding ticket and accident stats (I got sandwiched in my accident, to be fair! I may or may not still be bitter)... The Dodge Dart in the speeding ticket graph is a bit crazy, I can't even recall the last time I saw one of those on the road!

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Can confirm, never had an at fault accident but more than my fair share of speeding tickets over the years. I feel that a modded GTI is always picked out of the group around here to be pulled over.
Mk4 Jetta- Some tickets
Mk5 GTI- Too many tickets
B8 A4- None
Mk7 GTI- Some tickets

Let it be known, Virginia goes out of its way to get people going over the limit, even if you are only going a few over on an empty road. Its not about safety here, its about revenue.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'll make an unsubstantiated claim. The cars with a lot of tickets also come in fun colors more often than the typical vehicle. I think that has as much to do with it as anything. I've owned 2 red cars and been pulled over in them for such dubious offenses as "2 over the speed limit", "running a yellow", and "passing in a passing zone". These "offenses" never stuck but the two tickets I actually got issued were both for less than 10mph over and there was much faster moving traffic present. The years I spent driving my dark blue sportwagen felt like I was invisible to the police.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'll make an unsubstantiated claim. The cars with a lot of tickets also come in fun colors more often than the typical vehicle. I think that has as much to do with it as anything. I've owned 2 red cars and been pulled over in them for such dubious offenses as "2 over the speed limit", "running a yellow", and "passing in a passing zone". These "offenses" never stuck but the two tickets I actually got issued were both for less than 10mph over and there was much faster moving traffic present. The years I spent driving my dark blue sportwagen felt like I was invisible to the police.

In a few studies done, White is actually the most speeding ticketed color.