GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver seat belt removal

PapaJager

Car(s)
MK7 TSI 2015 3DR 5SM
I drive a 2015 2-door mk7.

Bought it totalled, with multiple airbags deployed and after a serious accident.
I am still in the process of fixing up all the problems I find, and now the car, interior wise, is nearly finished and all fixed up, looks almost brand new.

But this almost "brand new" feeling is simply being ruined by a stuck seat belt retractor mechanism.
After unbuckling (the seat belt works, locks into position whenever tension is applied) the seat belt retracts only about 1/3 of the way up to the B pillar column and stops, leaving a noodle like seat belt to freely roll on the ground in my way when getting out.

I want to fix the mechanism of the retractor myself to save some money, since I have done it to other cars before the job seemed like a no brainer.

But actually trying to accessing the mechanism support bolts boggled my mind. I don't understand how & what trims need to come out, in what order for me to get to simply take out the seat belt.
I tried searching on youtube and forums, but since the mk7 is still semi-new there is barely any information on the subject.

Has anyone taken out the driver's side seatbelt successfully and maybe could share how to do it?

This is my first VW car and is a bit more complex to work on than any of my previous cars....

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
Let me just say welcome to the forums and VW ownership in general. Hope you stick around. However you've posted in Vendor Classifieds section, I believe you'd have better luck posting in the DIY Guides and Discussions.

PapaJager

Car(s)
MK7 TSI 2015 3DR 5SM
Let me just say welcome to the forums and VW ownership in general. Hope you stick around. However you've posted in Vendor Classifieds section, I believe you'd have better luck posting in the DIY Guides and Discussions.
Thanks, and, I will make a new thread in the correct section, didn't notice it was classifieds..