GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver profile selection - retrofit possible?

Aerofan

I got the same error when tried to activate it on the dealer with original FeC code.
Error.jpeg

So after some searching on the internet I have managed to activate it remotely with a guy from MQB cars retrofit. They are active on facebook, instagram, etc.
TSVN9670[1].JPG

I could not believe it that it worked. He used my original key to activate it online.

iboost335sti

Passed Driver's Ed
The title of this thread had me thinking it was about activating actual Driver Profile Selection (ie. Personalization - for people who share their car with another person, so they can have customized settings saved to their profile...), not Driving MODE Profiles.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Old thread I know... but does anyone know which adaptations need to be set to enable the driving profile menu in 5F Infotainment? I have BCM long coding done, steering module coding done, instrument panel coding done, and button installed. Driving profiles were added via remote coding a while back, although I didn't have the button installed yet. Now I do and when I press the button I get an indication that the mode has changed on the infotainment status bar and in the instrument cluster... eco, comfort, normal, sport, individual, as expected. But I don't get the menu, as shown two posts above.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Its "charisma" in adaptations. Let me dig up the details, I remember documenting here somewhere. When I installed a new head unit the adaptations were not set up for the driving profiles to pop up. It took awhile of comparing the adaptations maps and changing settings to figure out which one was responsible.

Found it: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...conversion-part-1.343701/page-76#post-7532188

"Heads up on getting driving modes pop up menu to work after replacing head unit.

I recently replaced the MIB2 3Q0035844 head unit which I swapped with a 3Q0035844B due to a problem with the unit draining battery
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/infotainment-unit-draining-battery.379517/ After CP removal and FeC installation, my "driving modes" pop up menu did not function when pressing driving mode button. You need to change this line of adaptations code to active to get driving modes pop up menu to work

ENG122229-ENG117736-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-charisma_0x17"

Attachments

• IMG_7780.JPG
    IMG_7780.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 503
Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Message @doctor for more info, the guys at VAG Retrofit and Coding did the work remotely. My car did not come with profiles at all. And even after they added them they had do some additional work to get the menu to show up on my infotainment. The profile names would change at the top but no menu, and probably other issues that I don't even know about. I won't pretend to know what they did or all they ultimately had to do, but everything works now. I have no experience with ODIS at all.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Once hardware is installed a Functional Enablement Code needs to be installed (FeC). Someone who does this sort of thing remotely with ODIS can perform. There are few folks who do this that post in the DIY MIB1 to MIB2 thread. This post goes into detail concerning installing FeC. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-retrofit-possible.316747/page-3#post-6553284. Once adaptation needs to be changed in the 5F Infotainment Module which I detailed here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-retrofit-possible.316747/page-4#post-7575669. This kit has hardware along with PIN for installing via ODIS it is Driving Modes Activation Document part number is 5G0054809. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/driving-modes-activation-document-5g0054809.350834/

brad wagon

Car(s)
2019 GSW 4Mo 6MT S+
I have a MK7.5 GSW S to which I would like to retrofit Driving Profiles. The BCM is 5Q0937087BA and the Gateway is 3Q0907530C. Scan shows "GW MQB High" as the description for the Gateway.

In reading this thread, it seems that even if I were to buy the activation code that comes with 5G0054809, the dealer would not be able to install it via ODIS. Is that true?

For those that went the remote coding approach (@Cuzoe et al), did you still end up needing 5G0054809?

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@brad wagon assuming you are in the United States, the dealer cannot help you and the remote coders will not need the activation document (that is to say that you don't need to buy it yourself, that will be money wasted).

BCM doesn't matter for driving profiles as far as I know. Assuming you're going to have it done remotely, whoever is doing it will (should) ask you for a full scan of the car to access. I imagine with a facelift car you won't need any hardware (besides the switch/wiring).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Dealer makes it hard to go the legit route.
I'm not aware of the activation document being available here in the states anyway. So it isn't really the dealer's fault, it's VWoA. Can't really expect dealer service centers to support something that their "parent company" doesn't sell I suppose.

Got to keep in mind that we don't get à la carte options here or the opportunity to buy those options later like they do elsewhere. I'm thinking about the OEM rear view camera kit for early MK7s, driving mode activation of course, app connect activation document, etc.

So then I guess the question is what do you consider legit versus not legit 🤣. Seeing as there's no driving profile activation available through a dealer in the states, I guess all of it is "not legit" really.

For me, having everything coded properly, the FECs activated of course, the modes working (meaning the display and also verification that the specific module is changing modes), all with no faults... is legit.

brad wagon

Car(s)
2019 GSW 4Mo 6MT S+
I didn't mean it like that....but I get that it appeared that way. Was being sarcastic...

I'll go the remote coding route. I'll have other things to address at the same time, like a cluster swap and infotainment upgrade.

Last edited: