GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Drenched rear seat!!!

Ron H

Car(s)
Golf Vii
Removing the bumper is very easy and quick total of 10 torx screws and 4 plastic tabs underneath 20 mins will have it off no problem. I would have preferred to have used a sealer but all i had was silicone and beggars cant be choosers on new years day
did you remove lights? Seems makes it easier

siddons921

Car(s)
Gti mk7
Hi there. New to the forum but I use it regularly to help me. I’ve just resealed those vents. How are people drying out their seats. Mine must of sat in water for some time and the foam is drenched. I have leather interior if that’s any different. Thanks

Decky

Car(s)
Mk7 golf bluemotion
Hi there. New to the forum but I use it regularly to help me. I’ve just resealed those vents. How are people drying out their seats. Mine must of sat in water for some time and the foam is drenched. I have leather interior if that’s any different. Thanks
I have my rear seat near a radiator in the house with a dehumidifier going for the last 3 days. I squeezed most of the water out of the foam before bringing it into the house. Strange thing is now I am getting a what I can only describe as an oily substance on the surface of the foam. I don’t know if this is a chemical reaction of drying out the foam or not.

Williamontiss

Car(s)
Golf 7 TGI
Hi Guys,
I've had the same problem with water in the tyre well. No great surprise I traced it back to leaking pressure vents on both sides.
Basically the 'reservoir' below the vent slowly fills up with water and then overflows into the tyre well.
To get to them you have to remove some bits of trim. The key bit being the rear trim to the luggage compartment. This video shows how to remove it:
The removal of the rest of the trim is fairly straightforward.
I put a good seal of silicon around the edge of each vent.
As a 'belt and braces' exercise I also drilled a small drain hole in the plastic bung just below each vent. Should the vents ever leak again, then the 'reservoirs' will self drain to prevent any overflow into the tyre well.
Fingers crossed that I've solved the problem!
Peter
I did this work yesterday, i was wondering if it would be a problem if i completely removed the bung for the same reason so to prevent overflow again, or it would be better the leave it in His place

TedStriker

Car(s)
2014 GTD
I did this work yesterday, i was wondering if it would be a problem if i completely removed the bung for the same reason so to prevent overflow again, or it would be better the leave it in His place
Without the bung you will get road spray fired up through the hole.

Williamontiss

Car(s)
Golf 7 TGI
Without the bung you will get road spray fired up through the hole.
So after i have sealed the air vent with silicone i should put the bung again in His place...Ok thank you... I have also read in this forum that someone made a drill in the center of the bung, is it advisable? or should i put it as it is?

TedStriker

Car(s)
2014 GTD
So after i have sealed the air vent with silicone i should put the bung again in His place...Ok thank you... I have also read in this forum that someone made a drill in the center of the bung, is it advisable? or should i put it as it is?
If you have sealed the vent then the bung should be put back in - intact. Just keep an eye on the area to make sure it doesn't get any water in it.

Ron H

Car(s)
Golf Vii
Seems like a good idea, pls ask VW CustomerServices...still waiting for a reply here from them after some time...