GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DQ381 Leaking ?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I was swapping out my wheels and brakes and giving my car a once over after a track event.
Trans code:14B
Fluid Color is caramel colored and a little sticky, and looks like it has been leaking for a little. Thought it might have been radiator fluid from my upgrade, but it should have been gone by now (2,000 miles ago) and definitely after a track day.

I wiped down everything and will see if it continues. Car has 3K miles and I hate anyone touching my car, but especially a dealer. :(

Does it look like it's an active DSG leak?

50506550161_fb9674c854_5k.jpg
50505840448_55562ec78f_5k.jpg

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
i guess it could be the RMS. does look like the location. I did recently change the oil, so maybe that's why it still is brown and not black. this sucks on a car with 3K miles :(

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
i guess it could be the RMS. does look like the location. I did recently change the oil, so maybe that's why it still is brown and not black. this sucks on a car with 3K miles :(

If you haven't ruined your warranty with mods the RMS is under warranty.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
I mean even with 3k miles, I would expect it to be fixed even modded. It's actually pretty crazy that's it is leaking. There goes that Germany vs Mexico argument. My GTI never had any issues and was FBO Stage 2 IS38.

I hate dealers

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I mean even with 3k miles, I would expect it to be fixed even modded. It's actually pretty crazy that's it is leaking. There goes that Germany vs Mexico argument. My GTI never had any issues and was FBO Stage 2.

I hate dealers

I’m with you there, my Gti purchased new in December 2015 has never been to the dealership.

Coming up on 96,000 miles and it’s had two alignments and one trip to the body shop, but otherwise has only been worked on by me.

I even take my wheels in loose for tire installation lol

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
I’m with you there, my Gti purchased new in December 2015 has never been to the dealership.

Coming up on 96,000 miles and it’s had two alignments and one trip to the body shop, but otherwise has only been worked on by me.

I even take my wheels in loose for tire installation lol

This is the only responsible way to do tires, I also do it if I don't buy the wheels with the tires on them already.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Did you actually find out it was the RMS?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
@Diggs24, always on point, thanks for your help as always, and @GTI Jake

ordered the iabed RMS and will take it in and see what can happen. this truly sucks.

I wouldn’t, just have them warranty it with the OEM part.

Even if you do talk them into installing a aftermarket RMS it’s on you from there out. You share the same distrust of dealership techs as I do, so do you really think Mr. Flatrate UGGA DUGGA is gonna nail is first ever iABED install?

Keep in mind there’s absolutely zero evidence that the OEM RMS is a bad design. Failures are very few and far between. My personal car running a DKM MS Twindisk for 47 of its 96k is still on the original OEM seal

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
took it to the dealer. I showed them the pics of the leak, and they drove it 7 miles and said they don't see anything.

wish i can get back my 7 miles of them touching my car since they didn't do anything.