GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DPF regen too often?

Iceman22

Hi guys,

I'm wondering how often does your GTD do a DPF regen? I have a MK7 GTD with 120k km on it and it keeps doing regens every 250km or so (higher idle rpm and fans blowing, no dpf light though). Is that normal? I couldn't really find anything about GTD DPF, sorry if i didn't look hard enough. With other cars people said it's supposed to be 500+km.

Btw other than trips to the store now and then I usually drive 15 km trips every day to the gym and 15km back hour and a half-ish later so the car is fully warmed up when i get there and then for basically the entire trip back as it doesn't really cool down much. I also drive 700km trip once every other month or so and 50ish km when the dpf is doing the regen just to keep it going.

Thanks for your replies and sorry if this has already been asked somewhere.

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
Mine regens every 200 miles or less, yours sounds about right to me considering its use.

wild pete

Passed Driver's Ed
if you know its doing a regen do you stop the car so its not finishing the regen ? next time you go out it will try to do it again . If I can I always carry on driving until I know its finished , usually only a ten minute drive . if you go into your menu 'car' 'stop start' it will say "engine must be running" while it is regen , watch that go out and revs dropped at idle ,regen done .

kinch

Passed Driver's Ed
If mines is doing a regen when I reach my destination I just let it tick over. I tried driving it until its finished but it doesn't do it any quicker. My regens are about every 300 miles.

Iceman22

Thanks for your replies guys. I always try to let my regen finish. When the idle rpm drops to normal, start stop works and oil temp doesn't stay higher than usual, i know it's finished and i can go home. I'm trying to take good care of the car, i do absolutely love it.