GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipes

isaidsthats

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,

I am very curious to read any reviews for the down pipes released for MK7 GTI. I have seen several posts scattered here and there, but I would like a general posting for just downpipes.

Also, if any fellow forum-goers can post a dyno of their car with the downpipe, it would help not only benefit all of us.

More so, I am interested in gain in hp/torque, sound, and price.

Thank you all in advance!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the interest in our Hardware and Software! Our Stage 2 Performance Software outputs 337HP/370LB-FT TQ using our upcoming 3" Downpipe for the front-wheel drive MQB platform.

Our downpipe is constructed of T304 SS mandrel bent tubing and T316 SS v-band flanges and bracketry. Following the turbo discharge diameter, our downpipe starts at 77.5mm and tapers to 76.4mm (3") to ensure smooth dissipation of exhaust gases. Additional features include a 200-cell high flow metallic catalytic converter with integrated heat-shield, corrugated SS flex section, and our easy to use v-band fasteners which features unique sealing rings used to provide a centric alignment between v-band flanges to ensure a leak connection. Our Downpipe will mate directly to the OEM cat-back exhaust via our 3" to 65mm reducer and also available in conjunection with our upcoming 3" Cat-Back System.

INSMk7GTI

Banned
To anyone tuned with software and also has a downpipe: are you having turbo issues?

I would not put a downpipe on that car without a specific tune for that.
To many blown turbos cos of that. This is gen 3 EA888 with very complex ECU , very picky about bolt-on parts. Tune it properly and according to your hardware and you will have a great and reliable performer.