GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe What's the best brand ?

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
CTS catted or catless can get good deals found shipped as another option[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I got the eBay catless downpipe for less than $100 and welded a 200 cell Magnaflow cat. Next on my list is a resonator as it does drone within a certain RPM range. Other than that it's amazing, and less than $250 after all said and done. I couldn't imagine paying $500+ for virtually the same thing just branded. A pipe is a pipe.

I still get a CEL with the O2 sensor spacer when I'm cruising on the highway every now and then, but I just clear it.

This is also true. Flash tune will code out the CEL so you don't even need a spacer. Jake puts together a great package as well.

Same I also love my ebay downpipe. Best value per dollar upgrade I have ever bought.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Is Jake still making his downpipes?

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Yes, but we can’t discuss it it here. Lol

you can find it on facebook. not a budget option anymore. But great quality with Perfect fitment from what I’ve seen.

What’s considered a budget option now? These downpipes are insanely expensive for what they are.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’ve had Jakes V1 DP for 20k+ miles now with the mid-pipe to keep drone away and still happy with it. I ran it without a tune for about 3k and never got a CEL with the Vibrant spacer.

V1 is a cut up EBay DP with 200 cell cat. -discontinued

V2 is completely hand built by Jake with multiple cat options. Pricing info can be found on Baun Performance FB.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
I’ve had Jakes V1 DP for 20k+ miles now with the mid-pipe to keep drone away and still happy with it. I ran it without a tune for about 3k and never got a CEL with the Vibrant spacer.

V1 is a cut up EBay DP with 200 cell cat. -discontinued

V2 is completely hand built by Jake with multiple cat options. Pricing info can be found on Baun Performance FB.

$775s thats IE money or APR ?‍♂️

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yes, but we can’t discuss it it here. Lol

you can find it on facebook. not a budget option anymore. But great quality with Perfect fitment from what I’ve seen.

Common misconception, literally anyone can discuss them except for me (not a site sponsor).

Nobody else has anything to gain from discussing that stuff, so you’re not bending any rules.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
ok so im a huge supporter of GTI Jake and all his products, anyone reading this, he is a long time user of this fourm, all around cool dude, and master builder. I got his FMIC kit last year and it looks great and the ac is cold as hell now, long pulls with lots of cold air coming in. If i didn't already have a CTS downpipe i would have bought Jakes Downpipe :/ Check out his page https://www.facebook.com/gtijake/ he is also super helpful, we sent eachother emails alot when I had some concerns with my install (buy the 20$ drill bits fr), i do take pride in supporting other members on here who bust there ass to make cool stuff, rather than just be another buyer from apr or some big name brand

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
pre-owned is good budget option, lol.

check the marketplace here.

I have my eyes opened I might get the depo downpipe with the high flow for like $350