GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe install Now exhaust leak

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
My spacer is still on there. I have a spare phone running Torque and an obd2 adapter so it automatically clears any CEL. But I still get P013E.

I'm dealing with a very slight occaisional rattle so will probably try tweaking my spacer to see if I can get it to go away when I try to fix that.

Initially I had a lot of rattle then I loosened everything and put a balled up rag between the dp and the heat shield bolt. Tightened everything while under that pre load then pulled the rag out. Now only occaisionally rattles under a lot of load.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm going to get under the car and look for this heat shield bolt. I don't feel anything touching the downpipe, the closest distance between an object and the downpipe is about 1 finger gap

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Oh, I mixed up your post with another one about the heat shield bolt.

However the gap shouldn't be there so you might be able to fix that. I would loosen all the clamps and pull the dp back on the hangars. So I'm imagining your metal hangars (on the dp) may be inserted all the way into the red grommets.

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
Oh, I mixed up your post with another one about the heat shield bolt.

However the gap shouldn't be there so you might be able to fix that. I would loosen all the clamps and pull the dp back on the hangars. So I'm imagining your metal hangars (on the dp) may be inserted all the way into the red grommets.

Yes they are inserted all the way through the red grommets, I'll give that a try and move the adapter closer to the stock exhaust and see if that does help. So would you loosen everything? I have everything so tight I can't even get the dp to budge

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
I would definitely loosen everything, move it then tighten back up.

I'm probably gonna be getting under my car and checking all my connections. This thread has got me thinking that mine might be a rattle from a loose connection and not the dp on the heat shield bolt anymore.

Reflex15

i had a similar noise from my ebay downpipe, I had to drill new holes in the hanger to push it up an inch now it dosent make noise

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
i had a similar noise from my ebay downpipe, I had to drill new holes in the hanger to push it up an inch now it dosent make noise

That's funny, I was just coming on the forums to update how I fixed the rattle and that's exactly what I did. I raised it a good centimeter, I took it down the street and didn't hear the rattle, hopefully it doesn't come back. Atleast others will know what to look for

travicon

Ready to race!
My spacer is still on there. I have a spare phone running Torque and an obd2 adapter so it automatically clears any CEL. But I still get P013E.

I'm dealing with a very slight occaisional rattle so will probably try tweaking my spacer to see if I can get it to go away when I try to fix that.

Initially I had a lot of rattle then I loosened everything and put a balled up rag between the dp and the heat shield bolt. Tightened everything while under that pre load then pulled the rag out. Now only occaisionally rattles under a lot of load.

did you ever get resolution to the P013E code? I just had one pop up this morning...