GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe install cost?

carbonfold

Passed Driver's Ed
I came across this thread but thought I would share some pricing I come across. I was quoted $260 at a reputable VW shop and $650 at a VW dealership. Needless to say I'll be slapping her on.

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
You shouldn't be charged for more than an hour of labor. You probably be though. If you have a space to work in, you could buy a jack, jack stands, and the necessary tools to do it for less than a shop would charge you to install, and do it yourself.
exactly what I did, and now I have the freedom of taking it on and off whenever I want

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
+1 for doing it yourself. There's not much you can really "mess up", per say. You just need patience, and the right tools. I did 2 MK7 turbo-back exhaust installs, and the first time I didn't have the right tools and the second I did. Makes the difference between a 5 hour job and a 2 hour job.

That and believing in yourself. You can do it!
I second this, and watch videos of someone doing it to see the correct direction for the tabs on the side to fit through. The part that takes the longest is removing the old downpipe, so be patient.