GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Double light in trunk

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Great write up! I just did this little mod today and loved the results. When cutting out the spot for the new light, if you start the cut on an intersection of the plastic vent things, the new light will be able to solidly pop right in place with no zip tie needed (hopefully that makes sense).
Thanks and yeah I goofed on that one lol. Ziptie has been working fine (it’s not the “finish” I was going for but it’ll have to do for now)

I made a little diagram here where double lines indicate where you need to cut. The cuts on the right of the image should be approximately flush with the the intersecting slats. When you insert the new light, rotate it such that the metal retaining clip faces the rear of the car.

To make the routing the wire easier during the install, you can partially pop out the C pillar plastic covers by just pulling them out.

View attachment 201235
I’ll try to add this to the first post next time I’m on the computer.

I recommend switching over to the Ziza lights if you want a pure white color rather than a warm white color. Cant go wrong either way though.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I have mk7 estate, so the OEM light was installed in the middle of the headliner. Trunk cover was casting shadow even when retracted.
So I added 6 more lights (2 in trunk, 2 in trunk door, 2 under trunk floor).

Attachments

• maxresdefault-2.jpg
    maxresdefault-2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 145

S-4Motion

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen 4Mo
I have mk7 estate, so the OEM light was installed in the middle of the headliner. Trunk cover was casting shadow even when retracted.
So I added 6 more lights (2 in trunk, 2 in trunk door, 2 under trunk floor).
Could you take close ups of the light housings installed?
Looks incredible man.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
This will be my next project. Thanks for the write up.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I want to do the same thing, but I will be using Audi wagon/SUV LED light strips on both sides. I'm going to make a custom harness, but need to find the male part of the connectors at some point... Does anyone have access to a parts catalog that could help identify the male connectors?

P/N: 8W9-947-409

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
there’s also this cool part from Skoda: 3T0 947 417
It’s a trunk light with build in battery, you can remove the light and use as a torch. While in trunk it charges the battery and of course works as trunk light when the trunk door is open.

Last edited: