GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Double Apex Garage Door Control

Verichai

Passed Driver's Ed
Recently installed the Double Apex garage door opener kit, which replaces the blanks to the right of the gear lever with integrated buttons for opening one or two garage doors. They look absolutely OEM and function perfectly. This was a totally unnecessary mod as all it spared me from was having the garage remote clipped to my visor, but I'm very happy with it. Definitely a quality product. Installation difficulty was a 4 out of 10, in my view, as there was some disassembly of interior trim and electrical splicing, but the kit includes everything you need and great instructions.

IMG_0521.JPG

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Recently installed the Double Apex garage door opener kit, which replaces the blanks to the right of the gear lever with integrated buttons for opening one or two garage doors. They look absolutely OEM and function perfectly. This was a totally unnecessary mod as all it spared me from was having the garage remote clipped to my visor, but I'm very happy with it. Definitely a quality product. Installation difficulty was a 4 out of 10, in my view, as there was some disassembly of interior trim and electrical splicing, but the kit includes everything you need and great instructions.

View attachment 210090

I've got one as well, and totally agree at the unnecessary aspect, but was jealous that my wife's Elantra had Homelink..

Got Boost

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf R

View attachment 210090
You have a link for it?

Verichai

Passed Driver's Ed
Note, they only do a run of these every so often. If you send them an email and let them know you want one, they'll let you know when they make some more.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GTI
Just so you guys know, I built my own version of this for about $30. It's more work than the Double Apex, but well worth the $170+ in savings for the 2-button switch.

Garage door opener mod

Last edited:

Royalion

Ready to race!

meross Smart Garage Door Opener Remote, Compatible with Apple HomeKit and you can have a icon in Carplay to open. 😎