GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Warning Lights and Power Folding Mirror Install

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe I'm not out of the woods yet. I'm getting an error and cant enable rear traffic alert or BSM.

I think it was ok after I did the drivers side. No error but I didn't really test it out. Hopefully just a loose connection.

Any ideas / advice?

This is what I get when I try to enable rear traffic alert / BSM.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Ignore...

Loose BSM wire on back of mirror glass.

Whew!

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Installed my mirrors today. Thanks for the great guide.

Things that frustrated me during the install:
- Unplugging the window plug located in the center of the door panel. Not much room to work with. Must've said f#%k once or twice.
- Yanking the old mirror harness out of the door. It kept getting caught up inside the door. I think I said F%#K 4 times.
- Popping the green tab back in...... countless f#%ks.
- Hanging the door panel back on. What a PITA. I finally realized the lip at the top of the door panel, inserts into the channel adjacent to the window channel-- big dummy. I definitely said F#%K!!!! at least 6 times.
- My old mirror caps were caked on and stubborn to remove. Moderately annoying.
- My door switch doesn't fit perfectly in the new control panel. Pretty annoying. But it will stay put.

Anyway, by the time I got to the passenger door, I felt like a pro and breezed through it. It's great how obvious everything is once you've figured it out. :cool:

Still took me about 4.5hrs.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Installed my mirrors today. Thanks for the great guide.

Things that frustrated me during the install:
- Unplugging the window plug located in the center of the door panel. Not much room to work with. Must've said f#%k once or twice.
- Yanking the old mirror harness out of the door. It kept getting caught up inside the door. I think I said F%#K 4 times.
- Popping the green tab back in...... countless f#%ks.
- Hanging the door panel back on. What a PITA. I finally realized the lip at the top of the door panel, inserts into the channel adjacent to the window channel-- big dummy. I definitely said F#%K!!!! at least 6 times.
- My old mirror caps were caked on and stubborn to remove. Moderately annoying.
- My door switch doesn't fit perfectly in the new control panel. Pretty annoying. But it will stay put.

Anyway, by the time I got to the passenger door, I felt like a pro and breezed through it. It's great how obvious everything is once you've figured it out. :cool:

Still took me about 4.5hrs.

4.5 is actually not bad , good job. The door switch is a very precise fit that you have to double check before you put everything back together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
4.5 really isn’t too bad. I think we all ran into the same snags. I wouldn’t have tackled the job without the shopdap video and the other documented DIY how-tos.

The middle door switch connector though...it feels flimsy so I was being extra careful. I still don’t know how I got it undone. Lol

Nice work!

Bakili

Ready to race!
Yanking the old mirror harness out of the door. It kept getting caught up inside the door.

Little tip. You can remove mirror plug cover on harness by unclipping and sliding it sideways which makes it a lot smaller and less chance getting caught up inside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So I just realized that the puddle lights aren't working on my folding mirrors. Any advice on getting these to work? I used OBDeleven and set up the mirrors using the long coding screen and just turned on "mirror-folding" and "mirror_comfort_folding".

Second question. Initially, I used the "apps" section in OBDeleven. They offer two options: auto and manual. "Auto mode" folds and unfolds the mirrors via the key fob or KESSY (touching the door handle). "Manual mode" is supposed to fold the mirrors by pressing the lock button for an extended time.

I'm interested in the "manual mode" because I don't need my mirrors folding constantly. Unfortunately, after installing the app, it did nothing. Which is why I resorted to the long coding screen, but it's currently functioning in the "auto mode". Can anyone advise on how to set up the "manual mode" via long coding? Thanks.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
There are long coding “bits” to check in regards to how the puddle lights function. I can’t recall exactly but I tried out having the puddle lights on/off only when the mirrors are unfolded vs lights on even while the mirrors are folded. The latter is more like my BMW but it looks a little odd with the puddle light basically shining against the window when folded.

BTW - I’m a VCDS guy, so not very familiar with the Obdeleven apps etc.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Bakili

Ready to race!
So I just realized that the puddle lights aren't working on my folding mirrors. Any advice on getting these to work? I used OBDeleven and set up the mirrors using the long coding screen and just turned on "mirror-folding" and "mirror_comfort_folding".

Second question. Initially, I used the "apps" section in OBDeleven. They offer two options: auto and manual. "Auto mode" folds and unfolds the mirrors via the key fob or KESSY (touching the door handle). "Manual mode" is supposed to fold the mirrors by pressing the lock button for an extended time.

I'm interested in the "manual mode" because I don't need my mirrors folding constantly. Unfortunately, after installing the app, it did nothing. Which is why I resorted to the long coding screen, but it's currently functioning in the "auto mode". Can anyone advise on how to set up the "manual mode" via long coding? Thanks.
I had same with puddle lights. With obdeleven, door module, long codding activate front field lights. Do for both sides

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Quick search...have a look at #11 in the OP...

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491&share_type=t

Thanks for the lead. FYI for OBDeleven users, the puddle light activation steps are: (42) Door Electronics Driver Side > Long Coding > click on the bits and bytes icon > go to Byte 01 > deselect bit 05 "door entry lights inactive". This got both sides to work, although, I repeated on the passenger side (52) anyway, just in case.

I also wanted to note that under the long coding menu, there is an option to activate the "front_field_light". Unfortunately, it did nothing for me.

Finally, I got the mirrors to fold only by using the control switch and disassociated the key fob simply by deactivating "mirror_comfort_folding". Now everything is working exactly how I want them.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Glad to hear it.

[emoji1303]

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I installed the dyna blink turn signals yesterday and now the puddle lights won't work. I tried re-coding using OBDeleven but it didn't help. Any idea of what might be going on?

Update***
I case anyone comes across this post, some knock off dyna blinks only have 2 pins on the connector and not 3. If you have three, you should be good.

Last edited:

Ilir

Hello guys,
Does anyone installed the door warning light in the rear doors of the golf mk7 ?
If any one did that would help me so much !!
Thank you in advance!

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed the dyna blink turn signals yesterday and now the puddle lights won't work. I tried re-coding using OBDeleven but it didn't help. Any idea of what might be going on?

Update***
I case anyone comes across this post, some knock off dyna blinks only have 2 pins on the connector and not 3. If you have three, you should be good.

Friend, my mirror is not foldable and I am installing the puddle light and I see that it has three pins. What does each of the three pins of the puddle light mean?