GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Warning Lights and Power Folding Mirror Install

Eliranfla

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, does anyone know if there is any way to regulate the brightness of the light under the rear view mirror (puddle light)? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Guys, does anyone know if there is any way to regulate the brightness of the light under the rear view mirror (puddle light)? Thanks to anyone who can help.
No that I know of. Ask in the OBDeleven thread maybe someone knows how to do it.
Btw do you want the puddle lights brighter?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Try messaging DV52 he's one of the most knowledgeable persons with this kind of things.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I just installed my set of folding mirrors a few days ago and the right hand mirror almost never returns to the correct position after reversing. It never goes up high enough. It goes about 3/4 of the distance to where I had it set and stops. Kind of frustrating.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I just installed my set of folding mirrors a few days ago and the right hand mirror almost never returns to the correct position after reversing. It never goes up high enough. It goes about 3/4 of the distance to where I had it set and stops. Kind of frustrating.

From the OBD11 forum:
Original link: https://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/966/mirror-dip-app-working

Have you guys checked that your door control modules have a memory facility. It makes sense that the modules need a memory of some sort to establish the X/Y coordinates of the start position - otherwise how does the mirror know where to return?

Anyway, this is how to find-out if your car has a memory module installed (the screen-shots are from a mk7, but the A3 should be the same because both vehicles use the same MQB build platform).

Note: If your car does have the memory module, the X/Y coordinate values may be different to those shown, but they can't be 255 (which is hexFF)
Don

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
My car does not have the memory module. So I'm guessing that means the mirror will just go to a random position every time it "resets"?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
My car does not have the memory module. So I'm guessing that means the mirror will just go to a random position every time it "resets"?
Correct.