GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door card removal

VW Golf 132

Passed Driver's Ed
Need to take it off myself tomorrow, read somewhere that there is screws under the door and have to unclip the door handle and u should see more screws under the clip. Then just lift off the door card but I think it still might be on clips

kevinm1

Ready to race!
It's handy enough. Just buy some spare clips for holding the door card to the door because you will break some. Get about 3/4 spare per door. They are only 15c each.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
As the ones on mk6 I suppose…..

I have removed the back inner door trims on our mk 7 estate. The fasteners was identical to the one on mk6 and normally you need some extra of those as kevinm writes ;). Under the trim there aren’t any screws (rear door) but one special plastic fastner under the red glas that you have to turn ¼ rev.

The screws under the trim are visable on the front doors.

Easy done.

/Peter

Marissa

I'm curious, what are your reasons for removing the door cards so early in the cars life?
The only time I did this on a previous Golf was to replace the speakers on my mk4 as they were frankly rubbish. The mk7 standard speakers however are in my view good quality, and it they were not, I would have ordered the upgrade.
This leaves me wondering what people are changing that requires their removal?

UPDATE
Sorry. I'm being stupid, I take it that people by and large upgrading their wing mirrors :)

Last edited:

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra

Nitsrik1976

Ready to race!
I'm curious, what are your reasons for removing the door cards so early in the cars life?
The only time I did this on a previous Golf was to replace the speakers on my mk4 as they were frankly rubbish. The mk7 standard speakers however are in my view good quality, and it they were not, I would have ordered the upgrade.
This leaves me wondering what people are changing that requires their removal?

UPDATE
Sorry. I'm being stupid, I take it that people by and large upgrading their wing mirrors :)

I noticed my check-strap was cracked on the drivers door (shocking).
I removed the door card the other day, fairly straight forward but you have to be careful how it fits around near the wing mirror aperture so i took it off gently and at an angle

kevinm1

Ready to race!
I took them off to replace the reflector in the door card with a light

kevinm1

Ready to race!
I have not seen them fitted to any mk7...

kevinm1

Ready to race!
Now I feel like I need to check this as I open the drivers door onto on-coming traffic when parking at home. :)

didn't this come as standard on previous editions?

It has not been factory fitted to a golf since some early mk5's.