GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dome light buttons?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Do you have the interior light dimmer turned all the way down?

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Interior lights are fully bright, car running, lights on.

The sunroof button logo lights up but the dome light buttons logos do not light up.

Are they supposed to?

I suppose there is something I am doing wrong... but I can't figure it out.

takemorepills

Ready to race!
Jeez I hope not. Our '17 Mazda3's door switches on the driver's door got hit by the bean counter - only the driver's switch lights up. The other 3, plus the lock switch - pitch black, can't see squat in the dark. Ridiculous penny-pinching decision.

That sucks! I have been in quite a few older, non-premium Japanese cars and always noticed all of the door switches light up at night.

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to see another mk7.5 owner chime it here to see if theirs is the same as mine = No light up button logos.

Still quietly hoping that something is just effed up with mine or maybe operator error. I'd be pretty disappointed if it's a VW cost cutting measure that makes the dome light very difficult to operate at night (WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY NEEDED)

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I'd like to see another mk7.5 owner chime it here to see if theirs is the same as mine = No light up button logos.

Still quietly hoping that something is just effed up with mine or maybe operator error. I'd be pretty disappointed if it's a VW cost cutting measure that makes the dome light very difficult to operate at night (WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY NEEDED)

Especially since they already have the electrics there and LEDs cost nothing.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Don’t think they are lit but will verify tomorrow.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Nope, they don't light up. Makes sense why I was always fumbling to find the right button.