GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
We adopt seniors for the exact reason they only have so long and I refuse to let them die in a shelter. Even a few months is a better life. They love give is so great.

Props to you, great that you do that. I don't mean it in a sarcastic way. Really, I think it's a great thing to do.

While I agree with the logic, I know I personally couldn't do that. Maybe too selfish? I hate going through that loss every 10 - 15 years, neverminded every 1 - 2 years.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Props to you, great that you do that. I don't mean it in a sarcastic way. Really, I think it's a great thing to do.

While I agree with the logic, I know I personally couldn't do that. Maybe too selfish? I hate going through that loss every 10 - 15 years, neverminded every 1 - 2 years.
It’s not easy, but with Chis being the most euthanized dog in shelters, if I can help some, awesome. I know I can’t save them all, but man it is good when it happens. There is a rescue in MD my wife follows, Big Guy Little World or something to that effect. He has over 200. Hated Chis until he had one now that’s all he has.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Amstaff doing nanny dog stuff. I'm always amazed at just how patient he is with kids.
PXL_20220926_165312174~2.jpg

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
I have an aunt who's been volunteering at a shelter for decades. She'd adopt the older small dogs to make their last few years good ones. The shelter workers once set aside a Pomeranian puppy for her, thinking she'd love him. She didn't want to take him, knowing that somebody else would. However, after thinking about how much it meant to the shelter workers to do that for her, she took the Pomeranian to go live with her older dogs.

She retired a several years ago, and hasn't adopted many since, but she's still got the now-senior Pomeranian and a Chihuahua. I don't know if I could deal with dogs cashing out on me every other year, but I'm glad that some people can.

Oh, and my puppy faced fluff Apollo is 8 now:

Attachments

• PXL_20220629_003220424.jpg
    PXL_20220629_003220424.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 77

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Amstaff doing nanny dog stuff. I'm always amazed at just how patient he is with kids.
View attachment 261893

This SO reminds me of our first black lab when our daughter was about that age and younger......the sheer amount of crap that dog put up with and was chill about.....pulling on ears, helping my daughter to stay standing when a toddler, the stuffed animals, the tiarras that lab had to wear....LOL......love dogs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I just love this dog
1664551403831.png

1664551461960.png

Attachments

• 1664551482748.png
    1664551482748.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 61

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Dogs with toys in their mouths are the best. I like how it squishes their faces.
My poor dogs won't touch any toys. When they were puppies, our older dog was an a-hole and wouldn't let them touch them. He passed 4 years ago, but they still look worried whenever you try to give them a toy. He trained them well I guess.