GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does your 2016 R say VW or R in the MFD when starting?

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I'm pretty sure VW/R/GTI are all loaded onto the head unit and it can be switched with an OBD11 tool.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm pretty sure VW/R/GTI are all loaded onto the head unit and it can be switched with an OBD11 tool.
Thanks to all. You can change what the MIB2 shows, but I never heard if you can change the dash display. I have VCDS and would if anyone has the instructions. I thought it might have changed the last time it was at the dealer, but other tweaks are still there. My lane tracking and 5-light tail/brakes are still there. If anyone hasn't changed them, I think they are best ones you can do. Doesn't hurt to have more light in the rear and the makes the useless lane assist better. I'm still on the fence if the linear acceleration tweak makes a difference.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I haven't heard of being able to change that in the MFD. It sounds like it might be doable but it's beyond my skill set. Maybe @mr-fix or @Cuzoe have dabled in it before.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm not sure about changing anything on the non-digital dash. If a couple folks with analog dash equipped Golf R's can post an auto-scan... and they show the same hardware/software part number then we can assume it can be changed in coding and/or adaptations. Adaptation maps would of course be a big help as well.

Chillout has a nice spreadsheet for the digital dash, thread here...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...nfo-display-themes-coding-spreadsheed.357983/