GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does the under seat drawer make the seat higher?

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP
Hi, I've got a MK7 GTI and have been shopping for a MK7 R. I tried an R the other day that had the drawer under the drivers seat and the seat was noticeably higher.

I usually have four fingers between my head and the roof in the GTI but it was nearly touching in the R, like maybe 2 fingers. Is it the drawer or was there maybe something stuck under one of the runners? (I should have checked..) Thanks.

p.s both 5 doors, both 2014, both no sunroof.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Manual seats go a lot lower than full power.

We have a ‘16 poverty spec GTI & a ‘21 GLI Autobahn (notable difference at the lowest setting).

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP
Both manual seats. Power seats are either insanely rare here or weren't even an option.

And amazingly, I did try lowering it.

Baka

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2014 GTI PP
I do find the seating in the MK7 high, the seats aren't straight on the floor, they're on raised platforms (if that makes sense). I swear the MK5 and 8P have loads more headroom.

N.B I also tried another R with drawer and it went all the way down. Must have been something stuck underneath the last one.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Idk guys I have a 2019 Autobahn with the full power seats and I can lower it so far it feels like my ass is dragging on the asphalt. And im 6ft tall.