GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does the under seat drawer make the seat higher?

Baka

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I've got a MK7 GTI and have been shopping for a MK7 R. I tried an R the other day that had the drawer under the drivers seat and the seat was noticeably higher.

I usually have four fingers between my head and the roof in the GTI but it was nearly touching in the R, like maybe 2 fingers. Is it the drawer or was there maybe something stuck under one of the runners? (I should have checked..) Thanks.

p.s both 5 doors, both 2014, both no sunroof.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Manual seats go a lot lower than full power.

We have a ‘16 poverty spec GTI & a ‘21 GLI Autobahn (notable difference at the lowest setting).

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI 10 MZ3
I find the seats in my 2019 S sit super high, almost like a SUV. I'd love to find a way to lower the mounting point, but I don't know that it's an option without heavy modification. Might just be time to get some Corbeau RRXs. No under-seat drawer, and only partially powered seats (manual lowers).

Baka

Passed Driver's Ed
I do find the seating in the MK7 high, the seats aren't straight on the floor, they're on raised platforms (if that makes sense). I swear the MK5 and 8P have loads more headroom.

N.B I also tried another R with drawer and it went all the way down. Must have been something stuck underneath the last one.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Idk guys I have a 2019 Autobahn with the full power seats and I can lower it so far it feels like my ass is dragging on the asphalt. And im 6ft tall.