GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anyone here have a paid carnet subscription?

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
I’m curious on what you guys think about it. What made you decide to keep it? I have read that the 2020 models have advance capabilities with their 5 year free service but wasn’t sure what that included. I am on the fence about subscribing to it as it seems steep but it has saved me a couple of times when I forgot which parking garage I had parked my car.

roundle1979

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE 6MT
I just got an email that CARNET 3G service was cancelled.

"
We’re reaching out today to inform you of an upcoming change to VW Car-Net services. AT&T, the wireless telecommunication network associated with VW Car-Net services has informed us of its decision to discontinue 3G wireless service in the U.S. starting February 22nd, 2022 as part of its network technology upgrade cycle.​
This means that your 2018 VolkswagenGTI GP SE MANUAL will no longer be able to transmit or receive data. If you have an active VW Car-Net Security & Service subscription, it will not extend past January 31, 2022.
To learn more about the nationwide 3G Sunset, please visit 3G Sunset FAQs.​

ShadyMF

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI IS38 6MT
I have the basic subscription for 5 years included with my 2020.

I actually find it extremely useful. Has saved my ass a few times as it sends me an alert if the windows are down and there is rain in the forecast. Also locking/unlocking in a pinch if I dont have my keys or just to verify it as well.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
3G? They didn't use LTE I guess?
Not in that revision. Automakers cut unlimited data deals with carriers for 3G because these devices don't need much bandwidth and 3G was a legacy technology in 2015 when this car first came out. Carriers are upgrading to 5G and there's just so much room on the antenna rack.