GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anyone have a review for Whiteline lowering springs?

Napster11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
I’m looking to upgrade stock springs with lowering springs and i saw this in the market which is quite cheaper than the others. I’m actually thinking of going with the VWR sport springs ($100 more expensive) but i wanted to know if anyone had experienced using Whiteline or is it worth the extra $100 to go with the VWR.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
I am just now subscribing to this Lol I am wondering the same about Whiteline. I have seen them used before just now reviews.

Dakaos

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI S
Hey Jshinz24, I'm that whiteline guy. If you give me a week I could give you my impression with it. I installed a RSB too so I might be a little biased. I am getting my clutch done so I can't drive the car at the moment. I should be driving tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20201222_140800138.jpg
    IMG_20201222_140800138.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Hey Jshinz24, I'm that whiteline guy. If you give me a week I could give you my impression with it. I installed a RSB too so I might be a little biased. I am getting my clutch done so I can't drive the car at the moment. I should be driving tomorrow.
Good to know! I am currently still looking for a viable option for a clutch lol I have an iSWEEP rear member brace and ultra racing USA front upper strut bar but I haven’t put any of that stuff in yet. I am still on the fence when it comes to springs. I don’t need or want coilovers yet since the car is still new and I really like my DCC. I just want a little lower center of gravity so I can plow through our backroads here a little harder..

Last edited:

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
I’m looking to upgrade stock springs with lowering springs and i saw this in the market which is quite cheaper than the others. I’m actually thinking of going with the VWR sport springs ($100 more expensive) but i wanted to know if anyone had experienced using Whiteline or is it worth the extra $100 to go with the VWR.
I have no experience with lowering springs on my car but I’ve heard lots of good things about the VWR sport springs. That being said, I definitely have personal experience with buying cheap(er) parts for my car and I’ve ended up replacing them with the more expensive parts every time

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Look.

lowering springs are kind of a crap shoot.

They may or may not lower the advertised amount depending on
-vehicle weight
-if you've loosened any suspension bushings to relieve bushing pre-load
-what sway bar is used (OEM has rubber bushings that can preload the front suspension)
-if you have adjustable end-links or not (to get ride of sway bar pre-load)
-can't tune your ride frequencies to customize your ride

Lots of people say they are fine, some have a bad experience. Your results may vary.

Dakaos

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI S
I am back from the streets with real data transmitted from my rear.
After a few hundred miles of mixed driving on varying qualities of road surfaces I could say that for me I do enjoy the lowering springs. I can't speak for other brands, but Whiteline dances on the edge of being too much at times while improving handling. The only annoying things are drastic surface changes such as going on and off a bridge etc. Depending on how poor the transition is, rapid suspension compression is followed. This is also on stock dampers/struts which I don't recommend but it get the job done. I am just talking about ride because I know a rear sway bar upgrade will skew how I feel about the suspension as a whole. Which if you wanted to "wake up" a FWD car a RSW definitely does. With the post above this I do agree it will be it is very subjective to each individual and road conditions where you drive. I live in a rural area with roads that are kept well with minor potholes and irregularities. My previous experience with a "modified suspension" was with a 240sx with cheap coilovers. So yes, it's a middle ground from going to a coil over setup but you get what you pay for. I feel like this is just a review for lowering springs in general than for Whiteline's springs. If you check the data on the spring rates it's not very much stiffer than stock. without checking, I believe it's within 50lbs of the stock rate. I hope some this is actually useful.

Last edited:

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I am back from the streets with real data transmitted from my rear.
After a few hundred miles of mixed driving on varying qualities of road surfaces I could say that for me I do enjoy the lowering springs. I can't speak for other brands, but Whiteline dances on the edge of being too much at times while improving handling. The only annoying things are drastic surface changes such as going on and off a bridge etc. Depending on how poor the transition is, rapid suspension compression is followed. This is also on stock dampers/struts which I don't recommend but it get the job done.
This is a perfect example of why I don't like lowering springs.

The car needs more rebound when you lower/stiffen the springs, especially in the rear.

I was able to tune my rear bounce/compression/rebound response with increased rebound force and it takes the rear of the car from bouncy and uncomfortable to taught and comfortable.