GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does anybody from the Suffolk County LI area have a VCDS/Ross-Tech computer?

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
If you do, and are willing to help me out for a few minutes, please let me know. I have a 2015 GTI, and I replaced the intake manifold position sensor. According to the shop manual, I have to do an adaptation in the basic settings to link it with the engine computer. I tried with my OBDEleven, but it doesn't have the ability to do that.
The strange part is that it is working normally now, and hasn't triggered the CEL, so I'm not even sure why it's necessary, but I figured that it can't hurt, and prefer to do it, since it's spelled out in the shop manual.
I would truly appreciate it if somebody can give me a hand. I hate to have to bring it to the dealer for something so simple.
Thanks!

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Can you upgrade the obd11 to pro?

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
With vagcom you have to pay for a certain amount of vins and it’s extremely expensive when you run out of vins I paid $200 for the cable and when I got to 4 cars it cost me $150s to get 7 more vins and that was the cheapest option. Throw someone $100s for helping you.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Can you upgrade the obd11 to pro?
I have the Pro (at least I'm pretty sure, it says it on the bag that it came in)
How does that help me? Is there a way that I can get to the menu that I need? It doesn't seem to be there. I think there's also a way to do it using the "Guided Functions" menu, but I cant find that either.

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
With vagcom you have to pay for a certain amount of vins and it’s extremely expensive when you run out of vins I paid $200 for the cable and when I got to 4 cars it cost me $150s to get 7 more vins and that was the cheapest option. Throw someone $100s for helping you.
Darn it, I didn't realize that. I guess the dealer has a plan that's unlimited?
Maybe I can toss someone $40 or $50 if they have extra vins that they won't use? Or I'll just have to suck it up and go to the dealer. Or since I didn't get a CEL, I may be ok with just leaving well enough alone

Last edited:

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Darn it, I didn't realize that. I guess the dealer has a plan that's unlimited?
Maybe I can toss someone $40 or $50 if they have extra vins that they won't use? Or I'll just have to suck it up and go to the dealer. Or since I didn't get a CEL, I may be ok with just leaving well enough alone

it’s worth paying the $200s for a cable it pays for it self after the first time

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
I have the Pro (at least I'm pretty sure, it says it on the bag that it came in)

Did you enter a code when you fist used the OBDeleven to activate the pro features? I'd just double check to be sure, because you definitely should be able to make that adaptation with it as long as you have pro. I have the pro activation and when I got a new phone I had to basically re-enable it to access the pro features again. Maybe it just needs to be entered again?

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did you enter a code when you fist used the OBDeleven to activate the pro features? I'd just double check to be sure, because you definitely should be able to make that adaptation with it as long as you have pro. I have the pro activation and when I got a new phone I had to basically re-enable it to access the pro features again. Maybe it just needs to be entered again?
When I got the new tablet, I just logged into my account, and everything was there. It looks like I can do throttle body adaptation, as well as other stuff. For some reason, the only function that I actually need, the adaptation for the flap position sensor for the intake manifold, is missing. If you know how to access, please help. I definitely know how to access it using the VCDS, I found exact instructions.

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hate to hijack a thread but for those with vcds... anyone familiar how to code dynamic turn signals on a 2016 for BEC or Ed replica tail lights? Apparently can't be done with OBDeleven which ondont have anyway

up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI