GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

do88 Auxiliary DSG Radiator for Mk7 GTI

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
Hi All,

Anyone heard much about this part from do88 or know folks that have it installed? Looks like it routes coolant through a grille-mounted radiator before heading to the DSG heat exchanger instead of cooling the DSG trans fluid itself like the Racingline kit or other block off plates. I'm thinking you could combine this setup with a larger DSG heat exchanger (trying to figure out what OEM part number fits if anyone knows) to have a pretty solid DSG cooling solution without installing a larger radiator like CSF.

https://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/vw-golf-gti-mk7-mqb-auxiliary-dsg-radiator.html

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
You are right that do88 is an auxiliary cooler. It is more of a oem+ upgrade to the GTI since it doesn't have the Golf R's auxiliary radiators. Do88 even brings up that it's cheaper do to do this vs retrofitting Golf R's radiator to the GTI. I'd rather try and fit an auxiliary cooler at the Golf R OEM location behind the fog grill as that's unused real estate and then fit a larger oil cooler under the crash bar.

bobivy1234

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW Golf GTI
You are right that do88 is an auxiliary cooler. It is more of a oem+ upgrade to the GTI since it doesn't have the Golf R's auxiliary radiators. Do88 even brings up that it's cheaper do to do this vs retrofitting Golf R's radiator to the GTI. I'd rather try and fit an auxiliary cooler at the Golf R OEM location behind the fog grill as that's unused real estate and then fit a larger oil cooler under the crash bar.
Thanks, can you retrofit a Golf R aux cooler on a GTI without changing the bumper? Read different threads on it and couldn't find that answer.

I've already got a large 16 row oil cooler installed on the passenger side of the crash bar so this would be on the driver's side.

Agree that fog areas are unused real estate and I went down the road of thinking about installing the oil cooler there but for now the crash bar was simpler and honestly wanted to keep the fog lights functional as a track and DD car.