GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do I need professional help?

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Congrats on the C7 Z06.
Life to too short and you cannot take the money with you. Enjoy life.

Thank you. Absolutely.

I'm a 20 year member on the Corvette Forum, under "vnamvet".
18 new Corvettes and I firmly believe this may be my last.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Just my opinion. If it was me, I would try to use my creativity to find new ways to enjoy and appreciate the car I have. If it was financially putting me in a bad way, I would put strategies in place like staying off of car forum enablers and stop looking at other cars. Then again its your money. Lastly, and I hate to say this, that 2020 mid engine Corvette is really nice.

So you are suggesting cutting his ethernet cable and gouging out his own eyes?! Cruel, very cruel.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
Congrats on the C7 Z06. Great price on the Z06 with 24k off MSRP. I have considered transitioning from my 2018 BMW M5 (F90) back to a C7. On the Corvette Forum the best I can find is 16k off MSRP from a 2019 2LZ Z06 with a MSRP off $85,675 and a selling price of $$69,254 (including the $2k rebate).

I am 53 years old and I have a play / weekend car and every 2-3 years I look for another weekend car. I have had my M5 (F90) since August of 2018 and I transitioned from a 2015 BMW M3 (F80) prior to that I had 2014 C7 Z51. The one I miss is the 2012 C6 Z06/Z07, I have contemplated looking for another one. My everyday driver is my trusty 2008 Tacoma DCB 4X4 Off-Road that I will keep forever. I have a work bike assigned for work so I use to commute to and from work.

Possible next vehicle is a 2020 Porsche 911S or C8. My wife loves her 2012 GTI Autobahn.

Life to too short and you cannot take the money with you. Enjoy life.

That driveway does not look like a great time in a C6 or C7.

:)

Thank you. Absolutely.

I'm a 20 year member on the Corvette Forum, under "vnamvet".
18 new Corvettes and I firmly believe this may be my last.

Yes, congrats on the Z06. In January last year I traded my '16 2LZ Z06/Z07 I custom ordered in on a 2019 911 GTS after being a Porsche hater forever. I bought 4 new Corvettes, nothing like your 18, that's impressive! I had a 2004 1SB Coupe, 2011 Grand Sport Coupe, 2014 Z51 Coupe and a 2016 Z06/Z07 coupe, all manuals. The C7 is a great car overall, I loved my pair.

In all honesty, the Z07 package on the street is kinda what made me want to jump out of the car. It was just a bit too harsh even in tour mode.

Waiting on the C8 to see if Chevy eats their words about never having a manual transmission. If they do I will have a Z06/ZR1 variation sitting next to the GTS.

Enjoy the Z!

Last edited:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
WTF do you guys do for work that allows you to buy these high priced cars and own a couple of them at times?

Well, for me I'm an old(er) guy, 48 that is a Sr. Manager in charge of a couple software teams at a pretty large tech company. Many years in my field + time at the company and moving up the ranks allows more toys.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
*edit - read the rest of the thread after this. Congrats on the C7 Z06*

I used to have this problem, 19 cars in 15 years.

Then I stopped. I’ve had my GTI now for 4 years, the longest car streak ever.

However I did have a sweet low mile 996 for a year in there as a second car.

70 years old... I’m guessing you’re retired?

Do you like wrenching? If so have you considered building a Cobra or Type 65 coupe?

For the price of a C8 you could keep your Golf R and build one of these. ?

If I was retired I would def do that.

Also any thought to piddling and becoming a speciality dealer? Going to auction, perusing FS ads for certain cars might be fun, scratch an itch and maybe make some $$$. Heck, you could even peruse CL ads for non-runners and fix them up to sell.

Pics for inspiration:

Last edited:

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 GolfR, 19 911 GTS
*edit - read the rest of the thread after this. Congrats on the C7 Z06*

I used to have this problem, 19 cars in 15 years.

Then I stopped. I’ve had my GTI now for 4 years, the longest car streak ever.

However I did have a sweet low mile 996 for a year in there as a second car.

70 years old... I’m guessing you’re retired?

Do you like wrenching? If so have you considered building a Cobra or Type 65 coupe?

For the price of a C8 you could keep your Golf R and build one of these. ?

If I was retired I would def do that.

Also any thought to piddling and becoming a speciality dealer? Going to auction, perusing FS ads for certain cars might be fun, scratch an itch and maybe make some $$$. Heck, you could even peruse CL ads for non-runners and fix them up to sell.

(y)

I've had an itch to do a Daytona (type 65) Coupe for awhile and the Gen 3 kit is really nice. As soon as I retire and have my shop space it's on the list of things to do to keep me busy.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The gated community in which I live, mostly people act old, drive slow and play shuffleboard. That's not MY idea of fun.

Me neither.