GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do Apex Wheels go on sale? 🤔

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Hey I recently seen the Apex Wheels group buy, I'm interested in purchasing. Current I was looking into EQT Vortex turbo with Cobb AP and custom tune. My build process is usually engine mods first, then suspension and last wheels. But I also don't want to pass on a deal I may not see again.

My goal was to do Engine mods now and on November Black Friday deals get some wheels. I search for Apex Black Friday deals I seen a 20-50% off all wheels on a BMW site. I'm thinking maybe Apex will have the VW wheels for 20% off on BF. And it would cost about the same as the group deal. But if it's a hot ticket item I don't think we will see 20% until a few years after maybe once new models get released. Does anyone know more history in Apex and Holiday deals? Like I know Rotiform always has deals and Enkei, ESR, etc. Tuning Companies don't really have good deals on tunes it's usually a 10% off sale. So I'm willing to hold off on EQT to get the better deal on wheels. But man I want my Turbo upgrade I'm still stock.

Do you wait for Apex Black Friday Deals and get Turbo or get in the group buy ASAP?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Well seeing as they only have one model for VW fitment and a pretty good response thus far, I don't anticipate sales anywhere close to what the group buy initial offering is - or maybe even at all.

Personally I think you're doing it the opposite way, what good is all that power when you have stock tires on skinny wheels?

I would take advantage of the wheel group buy now and then buy the turbo and AP combo during EQT's sale, that way you get the best price on both items. Just my .02

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Well seeing as they only have one model for VW fitment and a pretty good response thus far, I don't anticipate sales anywhere close to what the group buy initial offering is - or maybe even at all.

Personally I think you're doing it the opposite way, what good is all that power when you have stock tires on skinny wheels?

I would take advantage of the wheel group buy now and then buy the turbo and AP combo during EQT's sale, that way you get the best price on both items. Just my .02
Yeah this is why I'm considering jumping on the group buy. Since it's the only model this might be best time for a discount. But I don't know enough about Apex to know if a deal like this will come on there site again.

I normally don't like doing wheels first because it doesn't change the feeling of my car except the look even with performance tires, I wouldn't notice it unless doing autocross or really hitting it. As opposed to a Tune it completely changes the car and you will absolutely enjoy the power even with stock wheels. It completely changes daily driving and weekend racing even with some wheel slip at higher RPMs.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
Yeah man, wait for a sale on wheels and get the tune. I wasn't as anxious as you probably are with the wheels but definitely have it in mind. Tune however should be #1 priority for performance. The wheels will compliment it later on when you pick up a lighter weight set but why not just rock the OEMs until you burn out the rubber, then look to sell them off, get new wheels+rubber combo?

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
depends on how u feel about the stock wheels - if it bothers u that much - then change it - i agree tune is best bang for the buck performance wise.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Where is this group buy and how does one get in on it?