GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DKM Throw out bearing

Redmk7gti16

Ready to race!
Question I have a stage 2 DKM clutch/flywheel kit. SMF

should I use an OEM the row out bearing or the one that came with the kit?

I heard the DKM throw out bearing have blown on a few people.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Question I have a stage 2 DKM clutch/flywheel kit. SMF

should I use an OEM the row out bearing or the one that came with the kit?

I heard the DKM throw out bearing have blown on a few people.

Depends upon the condition of the original throwout bearing. It's customary to replace the throwout bearing when you install a new clutch.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thank, I was asking if I should use an OEM or the DKM throw out bearing?

I suppose it depends upon if the rumors you heard are true about the DKM throwout bearing. I don't know what an OEM one cost but if you don't mind the expense then get the OEM one.

Joel

Ready to race!
If it came with the LUK LSC320, like mine did.
Then I would use that, it is what most use when piecing together the RSR clutch.

ILoveButter

Ready to race!
I suppose it depends upon if the rumors you heard are true about the DKM throwout bearing. I don't know what an OEM one cost but if you don't mind the expense then get the OEM one.
I had 2 of bearings I got from the "upgraded" TOB. They both failed. Had a SB daily 3 installed. I backed it out of the shop and the car died. I took it home and it died so many times that I had to push start it. Smoked the thrust bearings

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
I used the LUK TOB that came with the kit, I'm at 700 miles with the same clutch (stage 2 and constantly beat the car to a pulp) with no issues other than the expected chatter. Clutch is very smooth now that it's broken in.