GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I'm installing my Dkm stage 3 twin disc clutch today and I weighed the flywheel pp with discs and a whole unit.
Flywheel is 18.2 pounds
Pp with discs are 20.7 pounds
And the unit as a while was 39 pounds. When I get the stock unit out I will weigh it. When the clutch is done I will review.
Oem unit
Dmf is 27.9
Pp and disc 13.3
Total is 41.2 pounds
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
That's actually not much more then the southbend stage 3 daily that will be going in my car soon :)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the DKM twin disk :cool:

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
I'm intensively eyeing the DKM Stage 3 twin disk kit for when I go balls-out IS38 build down the road. Very eager to hear anyone else's impressions of it. Have some friends who swear by twin disk setups on other platforms and from everything else I read, it's a really good option.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I've seen two good reviews here, don't have time to dig for them now
Ya I spoke to 2 people that have it in there R's and they love it

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Oem dmf is 27.9 pounds
Pp and disc is 13.3
Total oem weight is 41.2 pounds.

GTIManEG

Ready to race!
I'm currently in the break-in period of this clutch kit and coming from a BFI Stage 3 I can say this kit 1000% better. Only 100ish miles in but loving driving my car again. Like stock pedal feel, the engagement is low but that is because the kit comes with a slave that does not have a spacer on it like factory.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
I'm currently in the break-in period of this clutch kit and coming from a BFI Stage 3 I can say this kit 1000% better. Only 100ish miles in but loving driving my car again. Like stock pedal feel, the engagement is low but that is because the kit comes with a slave that does not have a spacer on it like factory.
Do you have any chatter from the SMFW with this kit?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ok so it's gonna be a bit till I can review this clutch but my first impression so far is not good. Have not drove it yet cause I can't, got it 99% back together and hooked up the clutch line to the slave/tb and noticed drips coming from below. Yup it's leaking fluid out the weep hole on the bottom of the transmission so the slave cylinder/tb is leaking. It's the brand new one that came with the kit, suck for me gotta pull it back out [emoji36][emoji24] also the 27 screws that you bolt the pp with are junk. Instructions say t27 but they are a t25 and very soft, and strip very easy, must be why they give you like 8 extras. Gotta call dkm or the place i bought the kit in the morning and try and get a new tb.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Damn, Railroader that sucks... Hope you are able to sort it out. This one was top of my list when I swap the Turbo. Keep us posted please.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Damn, Railroader that sucks... Hope you are able to sort it out. This one was top of my list when I swap the Turbo. Keep us posted please.
Will do. Gonna drop it back out tomorrow

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ok so I hope this clutch is as good as dkm customer service. Talked to them this morning and they are sending me new slave cylinder assembly and new discs and pp in case the fluid contaminated the discs. Easiest customer service I have dealt with.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Ok so I hope this clutch is as good as dkm customer service. Talked to them this morning and they are sending me new slave cylinder assembly and new discs and pp in case the fluid contaminated the discs. Easiest customer service I have dealt with.

Hope it works out. I'm eyeing this clutch also for my Golf R. Reviews I've read have been very good and the price is competitive.