GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine was butter from a start. I started to get a grind on shifts but knew it was the tob so I replaced it and it was fine

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Mine came with the FTE. It was broken in the box and they sent me a luk. Wish mine was butter. Once it's engaged it's awesome. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Mine came with the FTE. It was broken in the box and they sent me a luk. Wish mine was butter. Once it's engaged it's awesome. Lol.

Mine chattered a bit at first but got better during break in, will say I dont miss my mt at all lol, everytime I had mine out I surfaced my flywheel and pp, I'm sure you have rebled your system and all that stuff since original install

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine chattered a bit at first but got better during break in, will say I dont miss my mt at all lol, everytime I had mine out I surfaced my flywheel and pp, I'm sure you have rebled your system and all that stuff since original install

Yup. All that has been done. I feel mine wasn't right since the beginning.

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
It will get better, the kit needs to bed itself,

Beautiful, exactly what I was looking to hear :)

Once engaged it's totally butter, no shifting issues everything slots in perfectly. Chatter is expected being a SMF, but the judder at the beginning while burning the clutch in 1st was the only thing but it's early in the bedding process. Just wanted to get some info during this process, if anything persists after the bedding process I'll get in touch with my garage [emoji1417]

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone send their DKM clutch back for inspection/warranty/repair? I'm curious to what their turn around time is.

Hunter's_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I sent mine back on warranty, total turn around was just under 4 weeks including shipping.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I sent mine back on warranty, total turn around was just under 4 weeks including shipping.

That's what I figured. I'm in CA so it would probably add 6 additional shipping days. They want a $450 deposit to send me another kit, and will only be refunded if they find a manufacturing defect with the old one once i send it back.

It took 4 1/2 months to get the first clutch, 21 days before they shipped a replacement TOB when mine was broken with the original kit, and 18 days just to get me a warranty return number. I don't have faith in their punctuality.

Hunter's_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah my experience was less than satisfying with them... But the final piece has been good for 3500 miles.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Mine is the same way. I'm at 5k miles now and starting from a stop is almost impossible without it being jittery. Basically I can't apply throttle when I start from a stop or the jitter is really bad. I let the pedal out slowly and when the car starts to roll I give it throttle. But I also get grinding noise if I shift with any throttle applied. I'm waiting to hear back from DKM on a fix.

Mine will grind as well if I give it too much throttle at the wrong time time when engaging the clutch at from a stop. I feel like it’s the input shaft slipping out of the second disc and grinding as it slots back in. I put the clutch in and aligned it and the trans slipped on with no resistance so I know the discs are centered but that’s what i think is going on

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine will grind as well if I give it too much throttle at the wrong time time when engaging the clutch at from a stop. I feel like it’s the input shaft slipping out of the second disc and grinding as it slots back in. I put the clutch in and aligned it and the trans slipped on with no resistance so I know the discs are centered but that’s what i think is going on

I'm not sure what's going on that makes the grinding. It is concerning that the transmission input shaft only inserts 6mm into the 12mm thick inner clutch disk splines. The transmission input shaft does not come out of the inner clutch disk when the pedal is depressed, if that were the case it would be stripped immediately. When you depress the clutch the inner disk can only work itself deeper into the disk by design, but it could be wobbling around the end of the transmission input shaft and causing the noise since it's basically only halfway into the inner disk.

All I know for sure is that it's not right, and it's getting worse over time. The grinding definitely intensified due to installed BFI engine mounts (expected that). So I'm going to pay the 450 and have them send me another one. That way I can do a single day swap and not have the car sitting in my garage for 5 weeks waiting around for DKM to make decisions.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I never had these issues really only time I experienced any grinding on shifts was when I was doing pulls and shifting fast but I knew what my issue was and it was my linkage out of adjustment and my tob was failing, I replaced the tob and realigned my linkage and all was good till I pulled the clutch back out to put stock clutch back in and sell the car.

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I never had these issues really only time I experienced any grinding on shifts was when I was doing pulls and shifting fast but I knew what my issue was and it was my linkage out of adjustment and my tob was failing, I replaced the tob and realigned my linkage and all was good till I pulled the clutch back out to put stock clutch back in and sell the car.

I wouldn't even really classify it as grinding on shift. I can be driving along in 3rd gear, depress the clutch and let it back out and if any throttle is applied it grinds. If I let off the throttle it will not grind. Basically any engine speed but idle causes the grind. Rev matching helps tone it down, but it's still there. TOB is good and linkage is good.

hexdriver

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R MT
Just got a DKM clutch from the forum, the TOB got toasted in shipping, doesnt seems like its very sturdy :p

I am thinking of trying the clutch masters hydraulic throw out bearing, they have two kits, one is for their twin disk applications, i am assuming this would also be similar fit to the dkm. comes with a bleeder block on SS lines, which i kind of would like, has anyone tried these?

2nd, I am going to get the pressure plate and flywheel balanced, does DKM do this from the factory? Has anyone check this on their units???

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
I’d agree with you on the issue but I’ve had a friend experience the same issue and we pulled the clutch and found the second disc splines mangled. Dkm sent him a new disc. But it could also be a different issue that you are experiencing since my grinding only occurs during 1st fear and from a stop

I'm not sure what's going on that makes the grinding. It is concerning that the transmission input shaft only inserts 6mm into the 12mm thick inner clutch disk splines. The transmission input shaft does not come out of the inner clutch disk when the pedal is depressed, if that were the case it would be stripped immediately. When you depress the clutch the inner disk can only work itself deeper into the disk by design, but it could be wobbling around the end of the transmission input shaft and causing the noise since it's basically only halfway into the inner disk.

All I know for sure is that it's not right, and it's getting worse over time. The grinding definitely intensified due to installed BFI engine mounts (expected that). So I'm going to pay the 450 and have them send me another one. That way I can do a single day swap and not have the car sitting in my garage for 5 weeks waiting around for DKM to make decisions.

16CSGGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I’d agree with you on the issue but I’ve had a friend experience the same issue and we pulled the clutch and found the second disc splines mangled. Dkm sent him a new disc. But it could also be a different issue that you are experiencing since my grinding only occurs during 1st fear and from a stop

Mine was showing wear on the inner disk splines at 1500 miles. I pulled it apart and inspected it. It will be interesting to see what mine looks like at 5K miles when I remove it.

I haven't made up my mind if I'm going to install the new clutch, or sell it and get something else.