GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DKM Stage 2 Clutch?

Sir.Bloops

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti mk7 2door se
I feel the same way. Mine's a 15 S. Had it since Oct 2015.

How many miles/km are you at now?
As far as crankwalk goes, just don't think or worry about it. It's happened to stock cars and modified cars.

I'm at 75k miles now. DKM since 62k. I used Ceratec as a preventitive measure and let off the clutch right after cold starting my car. Keep up with regular oil changes and let things warm up before pushing.

I strictly do 5k mile interval oil changes.

I don't see any benefits from custom tuning in your case. Not mine either; I'm basic bolt ons and EQT stage 2.

EQT has great tunes. 5150's THOTS tune looks interesting too.

Take care of your car and it'll take care of you. Congrats on paying it off and enjoy your car!! :)
im at 76 k im from Toronto but lived in van for 3 years and left the car in toronto theb when i came back 8 months later covid and working from home has really spared my car from gaining mileage.

Sir.Bloops

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti mk7 2door se
update. 5k on the dkm clutch. its pretty light clutch actually def more feel then stock. grabs well. sometimes its super quiet sometimes its loud at idle. you can def hear your trans gears when your giving it gas from 2-3.5 rpm. even sometimes when you de accelerate unno if thats good long term. reading the manual for the clutch you will see the pressure plate is from a bmw lol. it drives great the smf really does eliminate rev hang so rev matching is a breeze. i love the clutch but still wish i had the dmf to stop my transmission gears making a sound when giving it throttle under 3.5 k. the car is really meant to have a dmf. I think if you dont track it then it will be fine. But if your a track rat i can see you damaging the trans with this set up imo oh stage 2 eqt tune
IMG_20210819_015142.jpg

Sir.Bloops

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti mk7 2door se
update. 5k on the dkm clutch. its pretty light clutch actually def more feel then stock. grabs well. sometimes its super quiet sometimes its loud at idle. you can def hear your trans gears when your giving it gas from 2-3.5 rpm. even sometimes when you de accelerate unno if thats good long term. reading the manual for the clutch you will see the pressure plate is from a bmw lol. it drives great the smf really does eliminate rev hang so rev matching is a breeze. i love the clutch but still wish i had the dmf to stop my transmission gears making a sound when giving it throttle under 3.5 k. the car is really meant to have a dmf. I think if you dont track it then it will be fine. But if your a track rat i can see you damaging the trans with this set up imo oh stage 2 eqt tune View attachment 223481
soon ill get vwr racing lowering springs

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
Bumping this thread back to life. How are the DKM stage 2 clutches holding up? In need of a new clutch as my Sachs clutch is starting to slip. Anyone wish they would've went with South Bend?

TidusBlue

Bumping this thread back to life. How are the DKM stage 2 clutches holding up? In need of a new clutch as my Sachs clutch is starting to slip. Anyone wish they would've went with South Bend?
I've had one installed for 2 years now as of last weekend and haven't had any problems.

Lurchalicious

Ready to race!
Ran mine on eqt stage 2 93 for 40k with no issues. Now on XL with all supporting mods and still holding for the time being.
If it gives out ill be going back to DMF and using a ringer racing clutch. The chatter from SMF isn't worth the benefit to me, plus as I also daily drive this the DMF would be easier around town

c31561

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've been running my DKM stage 3 for 25k miles. Clutch itself has been great, my only real complaints are:

a) The pedal is heavier than stock which makes long distance drives uncomfortable (my knee starts to ache), especially if there is traffic
b) Clutch engagement always seems to vary a little (maybe the heaviness of it?). Sticking the 1-2 shift on a hard launch is always tough

My only issue is now my clutch is staying on the floor and I have brake fluid on the ground. Suspect that the TOB is going bad, so will probably change the clutch to be safe (Since I'm in there anyway).

Dubsnack112

Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen Gti
I had the DKM stage 2 clutch kit installed for for 2 months/about 3,000 miles. I am stage 1+ unitronic tuned. I was driving on the highway and my clutch pedal went to the floor. Had my Gti towed to Volkswagen, where I had a guy I knew there take a look at it. Come to find out the slave cylinder/tob failed. Called competition clutch and they reimbursed me. Thank goodness for warranties. I'm now in the process of going SRE clutch. I was not a fan of chatter from the SMF. Hence going back toa DMF.

hammermortyy

I had the DKM stage 2 clutch kit installed for for 2 months/about 3,000 miles. I am stage 1+ unitronic tuned. I was driving on the highway and my clutch pedal went to the floor. Had my Gti towed to Volkswagen, where I had a guy I knew there take a look at it. Come to find out the slave cylinder/tob failed. Called competition clutch and they reimbursed me. Thank goodness for warranties. I'm now in the process of going SRE clutch. I was not a fan of chatter from the SMF. Hence going back toa DMF.
I had this issue too. Got a DKM stage 2 clutch in July of 2022. Had it professionally installed and it ended up acting up right away. If I held my clutch in for any amount of time in touch and go traffic it would hesitate to come back up, like it stopped at the biting point for a second. I took it back to the shop 2 days after install and complained, they couldn't replicate it so they sent me on my way. Just 2k miles later when I pressed in my clutch it went to the floor and never came back up. I took it in and the shop who installed it said the TOB exploded. I got a replacement under warranty.

That was done in January 2023. I've got 2.5k miles on the replacement so far but I'm scared to death it's going to fail again. It just doesn't feel 100% right. I'm thinking about doing the bleeder valve mod to see if that helps. Otherwise I'm just waiting for another failure. I didn't even consider going after a refund and putting in something like a Sach's. I just heard free replacement and chucked it up to "broken out of the box". After researching more I don't think these clutches are very good...

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
With all the terrible press these DKM clutches are getting, you'd think people would stop buying them. Just get a South Bend and be done with it.