GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Transmission fluid change

The_Essbee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI Reflex Silver
Its about time for me to perform a DSG fluid change. I'm looking at getting tools to do the job. Wondering if the following will do the trick:

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-7201...1&keywords=mityvac+7201&qid=1612635145&sr=8-2
https://www.amazon.com/kweiny-Trans...&keywords=dsg+fill+tool&qid=1612635179&sr=8-3

I like having a evacuator and dispenser in one. I foresee using it more often then just the dispenser that is included in most DSG fluid change kits I've seen. All added up I should be at the same price or cheaper than the kits I've seen that only include a dispenser. My main concern is the connection between the threaded fill tool and the tube to the Mityvac. Also wondering how likely the fill tool is to come loose from the tube. If it doesn't match I still may be able to go to a hardware store to get it to work. I don't know the diameters to each of those will match up. Anybody have any experience or thoughts?

Torqued

Passed Driver's Ed
Also you don't need to find a tube that fits in or over the hole. Just take your time and fill the cup let drain into the case and repeat. I used the full container of Pentosin and then adjusted the level once the temp was in range.

1613232775205.png

The_Essbee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI Reflex Silver
While I appreciate the suggestions, my question was not answered. So I saw the suggestion, said screw it, and went ahead and bought/received the Mityvac and fill tool. I could have benefited from the knowledge that the pump comes with a plastic tube and not a flexible vinyl one. This may have changed my decision (or maybe not) as I plan on using it for more than just a DSG fluid change. Now that I have the pump and the fill tool I'll either have to get a funnel and top fill as you suggest rendering the fill tool useless or get some hose clamps and vinyl tubing and connect the fill tool to the pump that way.

The_Essbee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16 GTI Reflex Silver
Maybe I didn't exhibit enough patience when making my previous post. I do appreciate the suggestions and have always found every one quite helpful. I mostly read here because I don't have much hands on experience. Thanks genuinely to everyone willing to share their knowledge on here.