GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB2 Infotainment Conversion into 2018 "S" Models

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Right, but what exactly did he do? I know he had to have used odis but how did he run odis on your machine?
basically all he needs Teamviewer for is access to your computer's USB port, which connects to the VAS5054. Then, as Sprinks said, he uses ODIS on his end to communicate directly with your car.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
^^^^^Who is this legendary "Jack"- is it the guy from Poland?

Don

GHO5T7

Car(s)
2018 GTI S /MT
I've done all the prep work for this but I am still waiting on the harness :( if anyone decides to do this pay for the faster shipping! (fedex). I didn't know there was an option for faster shipping until after waiting almost a month.. I reached out to eurozonetuning to see about their harness but it looks like its missing the can-bus and rear camera wires, i could be wrong but we will see!

GHO5T7

Car(s)
2018 GTI S /MT
Retrofit almost complete! Also decided install a helix sub-woofer :)

IMG_0813.jpg

Oddly CarPlay worked but audio doesn't work on everything yet.

IMG_0775.jpg

You could see in these photo where i had to add length to the harness to make sure it reached.

IMG_0814.jpg

I emailed eurozonetuning and it turns out they have updated their harness and it includes now the CAN-BUS wires and blue connector wires, They said they would update the listing to include updated photos but as of writing this they haven't. Bill from eurozonetuning emailed a photo of the updated and a little photo sample in case you need to relocate some of the wires on the harness. I would definitely research what wires are needed on your harness as i still think the eurozonetuning harness still needs additional wire for blue connector. I ended up using the harness that i ordered from aliexpress as they finally arrived the day after i ordered the harness from eurozone. i did have to cut into the harness and make the canbus wires and the blue connector wires reach, i used butt connectors to make them reach.

Harness V2 from eurozonetuning
IMG_6674.JPG

IMG_0017.jpg

The hardest part was honestly removing the glove box. There weren't enough decent guides that I could find online. One cool thing i found out is that you could replace the lid/door on the glove-box. It just so happened that i bought a golf r glove-box with a damaged lid/door and used the stock one to replace it. Only thing that sucks is if you get the glove-box with the nice inner fabric, that can't be transfer as far as i could tell.

There is two plastic rivets that hold the lid/door in place once you remove the glove-box. You have to essentially push them back through the two holes on each hinge to release the lid/door, I really don't know what tool you could do this effectively with. I used a pair of scissors and two small Flathead screwdrivers. I did a little damage to the rivets but i was able to release the lid and then add the new one.

IMG_0780.jpg

I am working with Jack hopefully on Monday or Tuesday to get this programmed!

Thanks to stuntnuts for writing this up and anyone whos contributed to this post like quailallstar and others

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Well done. Carplay functionality before component protection isn't unusual, i had the same thing occur. The audio not working is also normal per component protection. Good to hear your install is nearly done.

GHO5T7

Car(s)
2018 GTI S /MT
Does anyone know where I can rent a dlink dub e-100. I was working with Jack and it turns out the one I bought is not the specific one needed to complete the retrofit. Thanks!

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Yes,but he says that D-Link is not compatible...not bad :)

Your rent ones work fine,tested few times :)

PhillyAlltrack

Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
Just added a Helix to my retrofit in my 2019 Alltrack S. CarPlay no longer works. Anyone had this happen?

also thanks so much for the write up. Definitely inspired me to do mine.

Last edited:

GHO5T7

Car(s)
2018 GTI S /MT
Hey Philly, Did you do a full 6.5inch to 8inch conversion? Or just installed the Helix system?