GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
MIB1 coding for 47: 22000000AAAAAA0000
MIB2 coding for 47: 12000000AAAAAA0000

If I do have to get the MIB2 amp, I assume it is as per other retrofit threads, buy a used amp, get CP on the amp removed, good to go?

So many have been able to use the MIB1 amp by doing the coding changes you performed. If it was me, I would not look at the MIB1 amp as the problem and throw more money into a MIB2 amp. The volume bar staying solid would lead me to believe it is the headunit. You could also verify by coding for non-fender and then throwing some spade lugs on the output pins for speakers and throw a speaker across. However, that likely would just waste time, but beats wasting time and money.

Last edited:

madwazzabi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Atbhn PP
I have done many coding of units for members here.
We have never replaced MIB1 amps.
There is not a chance somebody can code unit to be plug and play without the car.
Its bullshit.

I don't disagree with you and you probably have a much better understanding on what people doing the hack are doing. I suspect that many players in the Hacked Unit market are following (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...including-cp-bypass-and-fecs-enabling.373328/). I haven't read into the process to confidently make a determination, but to my understanding modifications are made to the 5F module to show a generic VIN to throw CP fault but none of the functions are supposed to be disabled (and the claim of plug and play albeit with faults you're supposed to ignore).

That thread on rosstech also says not to do remote CP removal on a hacked unit (not sure why). So what can be done with this head unit?
- find someone to hack/patch correctly?
- @simaservis1108 are you able to make the adjustments remotely to get this unit to work?
- Do I need to get a different head unit? I really hope not as getting a NAR discover pro used is a very hard thing to do since very few are available.

Looking to see if anyone has an opinion on the NAR discover pro as being a unicorn (different GEM version than ROW, different firmware? maybe there are a lot more software changes than we know about) for the plausibility that the MIB1 fender amp somehow got coded out?

madwazzabi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Atbhn PP
So many have been able to use the MIB1 amp by doing the coding changes you performed. If it was me, I would not look at the MIB1 amp as the problem and throw more money into a MIB2 amp. The volume bar staying solid would lead me to believe it is the headunit. You could also verify by coding for non-fender and then throwing some spade lugs on the output pins for speakers and throw a speaker across. However, that likely would just waste time, but beats wasting time and money.
Do you recall when you first originally did your retrofit, did you ever try to run your headunit with the original MIB1 fender amp prior to installing the MIB2 amp? Just seeing if the solid volume bar can be ruled out from being a MIB1 amp vs MIB2 amp vs CP or something else on the head unit

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
I don't disagree with you and you probably have a much better understanding on what people doing the hack are doing. I suspect that many players in the Hacked Unit market are following (https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...including-cp-bypass-and-fecs-enabling.373328/). I haven't read into the process to confidently make a determination, but to my understanding modifications are made to the 5F module to show a generic VIN to throw CP fault but none of the functions are supposed to be disabled (and the claim of plug and play albeit with faults you're supposed to ignore).

That thread on rosstech also says not to do remote CP removal on a hacked unit (not sure why). So what can be done with this head unit?
- find someone to hack/patch correctly?
- @simaservis1108 are you able to make the adjustments remotely to get this unit to work?
- Do I need to get a different head unit? I really hope not as getting a NAR discover pro used is a very hard thing to do since very few are available.

Looking to see if anyone has an opinion on the NAR discover pro as being a unicorn (different GEM version than ROW, different firmware? maybe there are a lot more software changes than we know about) for the plausibility that the MIB1 fender amp somehow got coded out?
If you wish,rent the tools Vas5054a and Dlink from someone and I will convert your unit to NAR if it is not NAR and code it online for you.
All should work after it.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Do you recall when you first originally did your retrofit, did you ever try to run your headunit with the original MIB1 fender amp prior to installing the MIB2 amp? Just seeing if the solid volume bar can be ruled out from being a MIB1 amp vs MIB2 amp vs CP or something else on the head unit
Sorry, I can't remember.

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
Here is what I found, and it worked.... MIB1 Fender amp works with MIB2 components.
Coding Tweaks Needed

-If you are installing this unit into a 2015 Golf/Golf R/E-Golf/Alltrack/GTI with the MIB1 and Fender Audio, you will need to tweak a setting to enable audio to work with the new Discover Pro.

-To begin make changes into the MIB2 with Vagcom
Manual entry into the GREEN Test Engineering menu to unlock VCDS Diagnosis:
You have to keep pressing the "MENU", until "Service Mode" appears, then press "Test Mode", then press "Green Engineering Menu". After entering the "Green Engineering Menu" to choose the right knob "Enable diagnosis for 10 next boot-ups," wait until you are "In next 10 boot-ups your diagnosis will be available" for out of this press the "nav" on the right side of the display. You must close access to diagnosis after coding is complete.

Enabling sound on 2015 vehicles with MIB1 and Fender Audio:
In module 47 in VCDS
1. Plug in VCDS - choose Module 47
2. Choose CODING.
3. Change byte 0 to 0x12 (Probably you have 0x22)

If Carplay does not work when the MIB2 Discover Pro is installed:
Enter 5F Information Electronics in VCDS

Enter Adaptation-10

Under "Channel 64B", select the channels listed below and make the following changes in the "New Value" Drop down.
IDE03471-ENG130249-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Apple_DIO: change to "on"
IDE03471-ENG130248-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Google_GAL: change to "ein"
IDE03471-ENG07590-Fahrzeugkonfiguration-Mirror_link,function_on_hmi_on: change to "on"
IDE10480-MAS10741-Schnittstelle für externen Medien: Aktivierung-Anschluss 1: change to "activated"

Press DO IT to save changes

If "Blue Trainer" parameters do not work correctly
Enabled the “Offroad” in VCDS in the 5F Information Electronics in VCDS. This will cause the accelerometer and steering angle measurements to work

To enable the PDC display if it does not display after the retrofit
You need to have the PDC settings for MIB in two different locations in the adaptation channels.

First the screens :
ENG122227-ENG117496-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc,activated
ENG122227-ENG117500-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_after_disclaimer,not activated
ENG122227-ENG117497-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_clamp_15_off,not activated
ENG122227-ENG117498-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_over_threshold_high,activated
ENG122227-ENG117499-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_pdc_standstill,not activated

Then the activation :
ENG122229-ENG117710-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A,activated
ENG122229-ENG117711-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-parking_assist_0x0A_msg_bus,Terminal 15
You mention MY 2015 here, does this also apply to MY 2013? Are there any differences?

I’m getting conflicting information about this, some saying it works and some saying it doesn’t. I found a guy in Redditch selling a Discover Media unit and he told me I HAVE to buy the amp - he’s “been doing this for 12 years and I know it doesn’t work”.

But I repeatedly come across people here saying it can be done! 😝

He also dismissed my new OBD11 module for doing the coding saying it doesn’t do what it needs to do either - but I see above people saying what I know it can do and that’s access the long coding.

So the more I think about it, the mess I want it from him 🤣🤣

If it does work, this gets me around the CP problem (I think) so long as I get the unit coded for the features which are in my car currently.

85octane

Car(s)
Golf MK7 TDI SE
I’m looking for a little guidance to upgrade my 2015 TDI SE’s 5.8” mib1 with fender audio to mib2 6.5” with hd radio, sat, nav. I’ve been looking at part numbers throughout this thread, but it gets all too convoluted in my head and would like some insight before I buy.

Looking at 3Q0035876 and 5GM919605 and the AliExpress usb kit. eBay pickings are slim so I’m wondering are there other compatible part numbers to look for that will give me the 6.5” w/nav?

madwazzabi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Atbhn PP
Are you looking for SiriusXM compatibility as well? If so, your options may be limited to the one you just quoted and the Discover Pro 3Q0035026/3Q0035047.

A the two links below have a good depository of part numbers:
Mr. Fix Youtube channel - Mainly ROW parts with no SiriusXM.
And this Thread. - Lists some NAR parts that do use SiriusXM.

You're looking for Discover Media/Pro part numbers.

Edit: corrected by Simaservis (and I inadvertently mixed up an MIB2.5 (5NA) part number mentioned in a different forum)

Last edited:

85octane

Car(s)
Golf MK7 TDI SE
I've found a few of these 3Q0035880B at a great price so I ordered it. Hoping it works with 5GM919605 as I dozed off and ordered it while pausing to think about it. LOL
_Thanks for the help simaservis1108 and madwazzabi

Last edited: