GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Member StillBroke had it on rent.
You can contact him.

Also if any member wants to do this retrofit or update his maps and is located in Mexico,he can make arrangement with member Ahg72.
He has all the equipment needed to do it.Ofcourse,I am in charge of the activation part,he provides the hardware for it.

Lurchalicious

Ready to race!
regarding the DUB E100 for carplay activation.

I am finding what appears to be an older version vs a newer version. Which one have people been successful with?

71Cqqe9fzjL._AC_SX466_.jpg

or

dlinkdub e100 old.jpg

Bf2x2

Car(s)
Golf 7
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my retrofit journey with you.

Upgraded from MIB1 with 5.8 inch display to MIB2.5 with 9.2 inch display and MIB2 Amplifier. I sourced all my parts (MIB 2.5 unit, 9.2 inch display with bezel, single USB port and MIB2 Amp) from a salvaged MK7.5 E-Golf. USB port wiring harness was bought from kufatec as I did not wish to wait >2 months for the cable to arrive from China. Installation was a breeze. Thanks to @George Ab; I just followed his detailed retrofit installation write up. I also bought Vas5054a dongle, Dlink Dub E100, SD card and Ethernet cable for remote activation. Shout out to @simaservis1108 for removing component protection and activating codes for MIB2.5 and MIB2 Amp, and for making the retrofit process painless. It took him roughly 2.5 hours for doing his magic. Everything works as intended. My MIB2.5 unit has navigation, app connect, off road gauges and lifetime license to mapcare for future map updates. This salvaged MIB2.5 unit also had siriusxm working in the donor car. I ended up transferring my current subscription from MIB1 to MIB2.5 and now siriusxm works phenomenally :).

My impression of MIB2.5 is that it`s fast. Also, I am glad that I ended up installing MIB2 Amp and did not reuse MIB1 Amp. I find that MIB2 Amp has better music fidelity than MIB1 Amp. Overall, I am extremely happy that I went with MIB2.5 and 9.2 inch display instead of MIB2 unit with 8 inch display for an upgrade as I intend to keep the car for another few years.

Mr. Rictus

Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my retrofit journey with you.

Upgraded from MIB1 with 5.8 inch display to MIB2.5 with 9.2 inch display and MIB2 Amplifier. I sourced all my parts (MIB 2.5 unit, 9.2 inch display with bezel, single USB port and MIB2 Amp) from a salvaged MK7.5 E-Golf. USB port wiring harness was bought from kufatec as I did not wish to wait >2 months for the cable to arrive from China. Installation was a breeze. Thanks to @George Ab; I just followed his detailed retrofit installation write up. I also bought Vas5054a dongle, Dlink Dub E100, SD card and Ethernet cable for remote activation. Shout out to @simaservis1108 for removing component protection and activating codes for MIB2.5 and MIB2 Amp, and for making the retrofit process painless. It took him roughly 2.5 hours for doing his magic. Everything works as intended. My MIB2.5 unit has navigation, app connect, off road gauges and lifetime license to mapcare for future map updates. This salvaged MIB2.5 unit also had siriusxm working in the donor car. I ended up transferring my current subscription from MIB1 to MIB2.5 and now siriusxm works phenomenally :).

My impression of MIB2.5 is that it`s fast. Also, I am glad that I ended up installing MIB2 Amp and did not reuse MIB1 Amp. I find that MIB2 Amp has better music fidelity than MIB1 Amp. Overall, I am extremely happy that I went with MIB2.5 and 9.2 inch display instead of MIB2 unit with 8 inch display for an upgrade as I intend to keep the car for another few years.

What is the part number for the MIB2 amp?

The parts you listed, aside from the MIB2.5 unit, MIB2 amp, display, and bezel, are all the parts needed to get the swap done? I found an MIB2.5 and screen for sale for a good price and just wanted to make sure I knew what extras I needed to get to finish the swap.

Bf2x2

Car(s)
Golf 7
3G0 is MIB2
5NA is MIB2.5

3G0 can be converted to 5NA with proper tools
@Mr. Rictus, just to add what @simaservis1108 stated, I used 5NA035047D as the MIB2.5 unit and 5Q0035456A as the MIB2 amplifier. You can use either an 8 inch or 9.2 inch display screen based on availability and pricing. But if you convert 3G0 to 5NA, then you can potentially save money with the conversion. Good luck with your retrofit.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
@Mr. Rictus, just to add what @simaservis1108 stated, I used 5NA035047D as the MIB2.5 unit and 5Q0035456A as the MIB2 amplifier. You can use either an 8 inch or 9.2 inch display screen based on availability and pricing. But if you convert 3G0 to 5NA, then you can potentially save money with the conversion. Good luck with your retrofit.
How do you convert 3G0 to 5NA?

mattcony

thanks for the info. As I thought the missing gauge values depends by engine module. I've the same gateway hardware and software like yours

@Cuzoe @gianry

This is what I read back:

Address 01: Engine (J623-CXCB) Labels: 06K-907-425-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5G0 906 259 A HW: 06K 907 425 B
Component: 2.0l R4 TFSI H13 0006
Revision: --H13---

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels: 5Q0-907-530-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 530 AC HW: 5Q0 907 530 M
Component: GW MQB High 212 2203

Last edited:

ionothanus

Car(s)
Golf TSI Mk7
Is anyone willing to rent the equipment in Canada? Jack couldn't use the first VAS5054A I bought, the second one I bought has been stuck somewhere between China and Canada for a month, and I'm starting to get desperate :oops: we don't have the same options on Amazon and the only local seller I can find won't tell me anything about the quality of the device he stocks. I'm assuming cross-border shipping will be pretty expensive but if you're willing to ship to Canada I'm willing to entertain the idea - please PM me.