GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Leetoranges

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI S
Just got appconnect activated, and love it. Jack was very through during the procedure of activating appconnect. I had already removed the component protection on my unit, so it was just activating appconnect. Had to download a few files, teamviewer, vmware with his software on it. probably around 3GB total in downloads overall. I kinda tried watching him to see what he was doing but didn't understand alot of it. Contacting him was a little tricky, I found most success contacting him on weekdays after 2am PST. Like everyone said before you do need the Dlink Dube-100, Ethernet cable, SD card, and VCDS or vas5054a. I tried at first with a vas5054a, but it was too difficult to setup, so i just went with VCDS. Overall it wasn't too bad, just the timezone difference :\ After having appconnect though, I kind of want a 8in screen now haha, more money to spend :D

DucMike

Car(s)
R32 -> Mk6 GTI
Don’t suppose anyone is selling/loaning/renting the hardware needed for Jack to work his magic... I have a Composition Media unit from a Mk6 Jetta that I’m ultimately going to install in my ‘08 R32.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Hello everyone,

I need your help with setting up an aftermarket Carplay unit in my Golf MK 7 (2014. built year). I've been searching online and I've found this tutorial so I need someone if possible to confirm if these are the right steps.

Tutorial link: https://thecarplayer.com/blogs/news...volkswagen-golf-7?_pos=1&_sid=d8d75c9b1&_ss=r

Thank you in advance!

Not sure why they have you remove glovebox. I never had to to replace head unit. In the first paragraph of the DIY post, I put a link from Vortex that shows exact steps for removing head unit.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
beats me. I also didn't remove my glovebox when i did my install. Maybe it would've made it easier to fish wires in and out the backside, especially if he's going to likely have to reroute them to the back of the display with the aftermarket unit?

mattcony

Had my MIB2 swap running a few weeks now, Jack did the coding and so far everything is great almost everything is working with 1 or 2 final tweaks. The only thing I have left not working is the Performance meter, I have the valid code for it and it works except for Oil and Water temperatures the gauges constantly read "- -" even when the engine is up to temp after 15/20 min drive.

Searched & searched but come back with nothing, is there is a fix or will it just never work on my car ?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
this is why you are not able to see the values of the performance monitor gauges
I originally had MIB I... all the values of the performance gauges work for me on MIB II and MIB II High (MIB 2.5). This is in a '15 TDI... I also retrofitted a highline gateway. I don't know if it makes a difference though, I already had the highline gateway installed in when I had performance gauges enabled.