GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
In that case I wonder if he has switched methods for FeC activation, surely someone else here would have mentioned that.

It sounded like he was purchasing legitimate FeCs for you and activating them via ODIS/FaZiT? Perhaps now is using the known hacking method of dumping FeCcontainer via root shell, generating new fecs, and patching your MIBroot to ignore fec checking. If thats the case, hopefully he is charging less.

Do you have more information about this? I would love to learn how to do this as I have not had carplay activated yet on my system

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
can someone confirm the connections for the usb accessory plug (5G0 035 222 E ):

1. The two connections that were in the original accessory plug are disconnected and no longer used
2. The yellow connector that came with 5G0 035 222 E attaches to the back of the new usb plug. The green end on the end of this same cable replaces the yellow connection in the back of the infotainment unit. Does it matter if these are swapped?
3. The original yellow connector from the info unit is removed and no longer needed.
4. The green rectangular connection replaces the one in the main harness connecting to the info unit. the other end of this cable goes into back of the new usb plug

sound right?

It has been a few years since I did this so I had to refer the article and distant memory to try to answer. I had difficulty following what you were asking, so rather than answer each of the 4 question I will state what is required another way. The green and yellow connectors are removed and no longer used from the original accessory cable. The new accessory cable's (that came with 5G0 035 222 E) green and yellow connectors are placed where the green and yellow connectors previously were located on the head unit. The green connector is in the black block that contains a few connectors and the yellow is a stand alone. Both are used and necessary.

"You will have to remove the green connector from the large block connector, from front of connector there is a small keep that needs to be actuated and then connector will slide out. The Media In harness which is the yellow 4 pin connector and green connector is tied to the larger harness."

Last edited:

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
Cruzoe took it. He supposedly will be working with Jack this week so maybe you can then buy it off him when he's done??

Vinay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7
I’ve the following situation for blu trainer menu . All the others values are correct .
In Performance monitor only g force value is correct
View attachment 166865

see my blue trainer

631946EB-A351-4AE3-8331-E2D9422C6A4F.jpegD1C06D97-A0B7-43D8-A44A-FC9DEECE6BFA.jpeg2808C283-D6AE-45E5-9610-3A0CDA9F0DE3.jpeg

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
I lost the ability to switch driving modes since updating to mib2. Is there a way for me to get this capability back?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Does drive modes require fec?

Yes. Below are the part numbers for the FeCs. If your car came with the FeC then it is associated with your VIN at VW's database (FAZIK).

"For reference, these are the FeC’s I know of:
5G0054830A - App-Connect $208
5G0054809 - Driving Modes. $118
5G0054802 - Voice Activation. $138.
5G0054802A - Voice Activation with Navigation. $230
5G0054801 - Driver Alert.
No FeC for Performance Monitor that I know of."