GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Vinay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7
No, i have the same problem as you.
I see on the blue trainer only the average consumption, cant see the performance monitor. I have activated all the sport menu in adaptions but the menu doesn’t show.

Riddick20

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,

I have retrofitted my 2014 Golf 7 from mib 1 6.5 without nav to a 2.5 mib 9.2 inch.
Bought a plug and play unit
Everything works, carplay, navigation, bluetooth, voice command.
View attachment 166123

have coded the navi to my mfd, changed the start screen and fixed the camera(have none)

the unit came from a e-golf, so its coded with menu’s from the E.

does somebody how in can hide the e manager menu, and maybe also the e golf picture?
View attachment 166124

And also this menu electric drive and charge.
View attachment 166125

I have vcds, but dont know what adaptions to change to hide this.

and also the light from the screen dont dims when the headlights are on

Hope to hear from somebody.

You said that everything works ... but does the performance monitor work 100% well?

gianry

Ready to race!
No, i have the same problem as you.
I see on the blue trainer only the average consumption, cant see the performance monitor. I have activated all the sport menu in adaptions but the menu doesn’t show.
I’ve the following situation for blu trainer menu . All the others values are correct .
In Performance monitor only g force value is correct
E790A27C-641E-415C-9C76-FE117D2B3C60.jpeg

c_tietjen

trying to figure out what i need for a larger screen. i currently have the 6.5 inch screen and tax return has me itching for a larger screen.... i know to go with the 8 inch i will need a new trim bezel. do the 8 inch and 9.2 inch screens use the same bezel? can i use the 9.2 screen on my car without having mib2.5? or is it exclusive to 2.5? does the 9.2 screen require any new wiring or connectors or is it plug and play like the 8 inch?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
trying to figure out what i need for a larger screen. i currently have the 6.5 inch screen and tax return has me itching for a larger screen.... i know to go with the 8 inch i will need a new trim bezel. do the 8 inch and 9.2 inch screens use the same bezel? can i use the 9.2 screen on my car without having mib2.5? or is it exclusive to 2.5? does the 9.2 screen require any new wiring or connectors or is it plug and play like the 8 inch?
8" and 9.2" glass screens both use the same trim, but the 9.2" requires the MIB 2.5 brain.

8" matte screen uses a different trim.

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
I finally got a hold of Jack and setup a time with him. What surprised me was that he said i needed a d-link dub e-100 usb adaptor. Had to be be a dub e-100 type. I don't see that mentioned in these threads at all so I thought id mention it for anyone trying to work with Jack.

Last edited:

gianry

Ready to race!
yes, I confirm you need an usb etherned adapter ... it is necessary to load the modified FEC codes to enable all functions in Discover pro

Smahatma

I finally got a hold of Jack and setup a time with him. What surprised me was that he said i needed a d-link dub e-100 usb adaptor. Had to be be a dub e-100 type. I don't see that mentioned in these threads at all so I thought id mention it for anyone trying to work with Jack.
In that case I wonder if he has switched methods for FeC activation, surely someone else here would have mentioned that.

It sounded like he was purchasing legitimate FeCs for you and activating them via ODIS/FaZiT? Perhaps now is using the known hacking method of dumping FeCcontainer via root shell, generating new fecs, and patching your MIBroot to ignore fec checking. If thats the case, hopefully he is charging less.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I think I remember reading that VW has changed something that effected the way retrofitter's were getting the FeCs....I'd assume this has something to do with it.

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
can someone confirm the connections for the usb accessory plug (5G0 035 222 E ):

1. The two connections that were in the original accessory plug are disconnected and no longer used
2. The yellow connector that came with 5G0 035 222 E attaches to the back of the new usb plug. The green end on the end of this same cable replaces the yellow connection in the back of the infotainment unit. Does it matter if these are swapped?
3. The original yellow connector from the info unit is removed and no longer needed.
4. The green rectangular connection replaces the one in the main harness connecting to the info unit. the other end of this cable goes into back of the new usb plug

sound right?

Last edited:

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
In case this wasnt mentioned before, another thing you should have with you when working with Jack is a SD Card that fits in slot1 of the infotainment unit along with a card reader. He needs to save files to the sd card via the reader before you install it in the info unit.