GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hi to all ,
I've fitted a Discover pro mib2 pn Golf my2015 (originally mib1)
It was enabled Think blue trainer and sport menu (performance monitor).
They doesn't work. Think blue trainer show only average consumption ... Performance monitor shows only lateral acceleration ( G force).

Is there something to do ?

Performance monitor not showing all data: this is because of your engine. Not all Engine firmwares/CPU's send the data the performance monitor is expecting to get.
Think blue trainer, same story.

gianry

Ready to race!
Thanks ,
As you can see in the picture attached there is an issue about history consumption chart but data is available in real-time
89D8B03D-4878-4903-A22C-5D61A988957E.jpeg
DED8413D-2E29-4D65-BE5D-006314499477.jpeg

talentless

So I have a discover media mib1 with the small 5.8" screen and the proprietary mdi with lightning cable (golf mk7 2014). I would like to upgrade for apple car. A bigger display would be welcome; but my main driver is cost compared to the 1500€ option I am being given by retrofitters. I have some questions:

- Can I use my current display, or do I need to upgrade to the 6.5 one minimum?
- Is the mib2 head unit always the same hardware irrespective of it being composition media, discover media or discover pro? Being the difference only the unlocked Fecs? Or is it different hardware?
- If I buy an unhacked head unit, I would need to buy/unlock the features I want to use (app-connect, bluetooth, driver modes, others I am unaware of?). Is this always possible or is there any limitation to it?
- Would I need to change my current mdi?

Thanks for the answers!

Rmzhrb

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have a discover media mib1 with the small 5.8" screen and the proprietary mdi with lightning cable (golf mk7 2014). I would like to upgrade for apple car. A bigger display would be welcome; but my main driver is cost compared to the 1500€ option I am being given by retrofitters. I have some questions:

- Can I use my current display, or do I need to upgrade to the 6.5 one minimum?
- Is the mib2 head unit always the same hardware irrespective of it being composition media, discover media or discover pro? Being the difference only the unlocked Fecs? Or is it different hardware?
- If I buy an unhacked head unit, I would need to buy/unlock the features I want to use (app-connect, bluetooth, driver modes, others I am unaware of?). Is this always possible or is there any limitation to it?
- Would I need to change my current mdi?

Thanks for the answers!
You will need a new screen that works with mib2. If you opt for a bigger screen (bigger than 6.5), you will also need a new trim.
The head unit is completely different and it’s not a matter of software. Once you get the unit, you will need to have Jack “unlock it” for a fee of about $300-400.
You will also need to purchase a new USB hardware/cable to replace the MDI cable.

I recommend you go through the original post for all the details.

Vinay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7
Hello,

I have retrofitted my 2014 Golf 7 from mib 1 6.5 without nav to a 2.5 mib 9.2 inch.
Bought a plug and play unit
Everything works, carplay, navigation, bluetooth, voice command.
D0D730B2-EE1B-414E-95E8-700A1C2E0E45.jpeg

have coded the navi to my mfd, changed the start screen and fixed the camera(have none)

the unit came from a e-golf, so its coded with menu’s from the E.

does somebody how in can hide the e manager menu, and maybe also the e golf picture?
8971459E-2125-4851-AC2F-C041F7D5AC1A.jpeg

And also this menu electric drive and charge.
C2BF94A9-A5B7-4F4C-A735-04D0BF8567B3.jpeg

I have vcds, but dont know what adaptions to change to hide this.

and also the light from the screen dont dims when the headlights are on

Hope to hear from somebody.

Last edited:

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion

does somebody how in can hide the e manager menu, and maybe also the e golf picture?

To change the picture and general colors (blue for R, red for GTI, etc.), I believe it is byte 18 in the 5F module. I would go to the byte 18 and verify the E-Golf is selected and then change to Golf. I did not get my vagcom out to verify. So verify first, before changing.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/golf-mk7-vcds-tweaks.314861/page-23#post-6507376

Last edited:

Vinay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7
Hello,

this i already changed
i cant see the long coding helper, so coding is a litte bit harder for me.
only see the bytes like this

8184FEC6-C2EB-4F4E-B446-C2F21E456CE2.jpeg

Last edited:

gianry

Ready to race!
Hello,

I have retrofitted my 2014 Golf 7 from mib 1 6.5 without nav to a 2.5 mib 9.2 inch.

And also this menu electric drive and charge.

I have vcds, but dont know what adaptions to change to hide this.

and also the light from the screen dont dims when the headlights are on

Hope to hear from somebody.
send me a complete scan of adaptation and coding of your discover pro .
I could verify which parameter to change