GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

greypanter

Ready to race!
If you plan on staying with the Mib1 amp (fender audio) do you have to make the vagcom updates prior to installing the other two MIB2 items (screen and glovebox headunit)?

Can Jack take care of the programming on the MIB1 amp instead?
I am not 100% sure if you need to do any coding to the fender amp prior cp removal, when I mentioned to Jack about my fender amp, he said that it won't an issue, I feel like he'd say something about it if we need to do some coding before....

aditud

Passed Driver's Ed
BTW, if anyone's interested, I have no more need for my 6.5in euro spec (see the picture of the two screens in post #1 of this thread by GeorgeAb, the euro screen is the one on top) and MIB2 screen (since I upgraded to the 8" screen). It's in pristine condition, I got it off eBay from Ireland a couple of years ago and only had it installed for a few months before I upgraded to the 8" euro screen.

I can sell it by itself or together with the brushed aluminum trim and vents.

From the original post by George Ab:
"Note: The NAR 3G0919605H layout is different the ROW 3G0919605 and in my opinion the European screen’s layout is cleaner. The European does not have the “Voice” button, but has a “Mute” button in its place. Voice is replaced with separate “Setup” button so you don’t have to go through sub menus. Band button is labeled Radio."

sdmcoupe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 VW GTI SE
How does connecting with Jack exactly go down? You just skype him and hope he responds? If not, try again the next night? Or do you setup a time in advance with him?

Any optimal hours to contact him?

thanks

devadip

I am in the same boat but I have skyped him in the morning as mention earlier it this thread. I have installed everything last Sunday. I tried contacting him on Monday morning 6:30am EST and Wednesday 6:00am. No response. I will try again on Monday. I have been driving around with everythin working except there is no sound and the component protection text is across the unit.

aditud

Passed Driver's Ed
let us know how it goes. i was hoping you could setup a time with him in advance. doesn't sound like it.

I did set up a time in advance. Had sent him a Skype message and he got back to me and we scheduled a time for the install. That's how it worked back then (summer of 2018) anyway.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
How does connecting with Jack exactly go down? You just skype him and hope he responds? If not, try again the next night? Or do you setup a time in advance with him?

Any optimal hours to contact him?

thanks

I would Skype him and ask if he was available to work. If no response, I would just check back in a day or two and repeat. I am in Pacific Standard Time and would do this around 8AM ish so early evening for him. This worked for me for the three or four projects I needed his help with. It was hit or miss, but it always got done eventually.

greypanter

Ready to race!
Jack helped me with my MIB2 swap couple days ago, sometimes he replies within seconds, sometimes he doesn't reply at all and you have to reach out to him a day or 2.

Vinay

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7
Hello,

I have bought a unlocked discover pro 9.2 and want to retrofit this, now i have a mib1 composition media with a usb/aux plug

i have the carplay usb in stock the E version, does somebody knows of i can use my harness from the mib1 usb to the carplay usb? Maby slice the plug a litte bit to fit.

Or must i change the harness?

I hope to hear from somebody, i am planning to fit this next weekend. Only searching for the trim. Already bought the gps antenne. I will check for a universal dab antenne and place it somewhere in the car, so i dont have to wire this to the back.

gianry

Ready to race!
Hi to all ,
I've fitted a Discover pro mib2 pn Golf my2015 (originally mib1)
It was enabled Think blue trainer and sport menu (performance monitor).
They doesn't work. Think blue trainer show only average consumption ... Performance monitor shows only lateral acceleration ( G force).

Is there something to do ?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think this has something to with what is reported by the gateway in your car. Updating gateway firmware to latest version (or even upgrading your gateway to a higher spec version) is something for another thread. But updating gateway firmware has fixed issues for people fitting the digital cluster to cars that did not come with it.