GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Wilkius

Car(s)
2015 Golf TDI
UPDATE - a software flash of the BCM to a newer version and a couple of other tweaks (that my remote coder was able to do) solved this.
It's not an image of a golf that shows the lights (there's a clock in the centre above the radio) but the functionality is all there. Win! Not sure how to get it to be a golf interior but not too bothered either.

Euromike

Passed Driver's Ed
first of all, a big thank you to everyone here for publishing enough info to give me the confidence to tackle this myself!!

Got everything installed and coded for my fender amp. Works excellent, very happy with it! I am however having an issue with my backup camera. It works about half the time. When it doesn’t, a hard reset of the unit usually fixes it. The unit is coded for a backup camera in the 5f module byte 19.

The unit does like to cry about “park pilot” being unavailable. Did I miss some backup camera related coding?

Thanks!

bobloblawGTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT
Yes it can. Actually, most 3Q0035880B’s on car-part are actually 3Q0035876’s. LKQ sent me the wrong unit 3 times and I finally found someone to actually check the pn before purchasing. It was an 876 but they brought the price down to match the older radio.
Now I’m so close to finally being able to shut the car off and still listen to the radio! The other things are cool too - navigation, better resolution, AA/Carplay, way less lag - but i never would’ve went with this retrofit if the dang radio just stayed on until I opened my door. Plus my MIB1 freezes and requires a reboot once a month.
Anyone able to confirm if 3Q0035880B is the correct MIB2 Nav (i.e. Discover Media) for a NAR Mk7.5? Looking to upgrade from MIB2 Composition Media (currently have 3Q0035844B.)

bobloblawGTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT
Yes it can. Actually, most 3Q0035880B’s on car-part are actually 3Q0035876’s. LKQ sent me the wrong unit 3 times and I finally found someone to actually check the pn before purchasing. It was an 876 but they brought the price down to match the older radio.
Now I’m so close to finally being able to shut the car off and still listen to the radio! The other things are cool too - navigation, better resolution, AA/Carplay, way less lag - but i never would’ve went with this retrofit if the dang radio just stayed on until I opened my door. Plus my MIB1 freezes and requires a reboot once a month.
Welp, can confirm: ordered 880B from a breaker, got 876B ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ here's hoping there's no issues.

bmwm5pwr

Ready to race!
first of all, a big thank you to everyone here for publishing enough info to give me the confidence to tackle this myself!!

Got everything installed and coded for my fender amp. Works excellent, very happy with it! I am however having an issue with my backup camera. It works about half the time. When it doesn’t, a hard reset of the unit usually fixes it. The unit is coded for a backup camera in the 5f module byte 19.

The unit does like to cry about “park pilot” being unavailable. Did I miss some backup camera related coding?

Thanks!
i actually have the same exact issue with my retrofit, RVC comes on 10% of the time, and hard reset makes it work till the vehicle shut down again , did you get to the bottom of this issue?