GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

everest_4

Car(s)
7.5R 6MT

Attachments

• tempImagewfYg1K.png
    tempImagewfYg1K.png
    9 MB · Views: 322

Digib

Car(s)
Golf Mk7
Hey guys, I own an Mk7 2013 - 1.6 TDI BlueMotion, I wanna retrofit an 8" Discover Pro Media in the car, I kinda care a bit for the apps, so I don't mind getting hacked one or having it hacked post-factum. So the biggest struggle for me is that my local garages/mechanics have absolutely zero clue what I want where to get it for me, so I'm mostly asking you to show me exactly what MIB do I have to buy to make this whole thing work? I see some ridiculous prices on eBay for MIB2.5 hacked for 1000 euros something similar and since I don't really understand myself what head unit I need exactly to make an 8" Discover Pro media run I'm afraid to just buy stuff and toy with it. And apparently, I'm quite confident that my car has no MIB at all, I guess it was ripped-out pre-sale.

What's the specific serial number or Idk what that I gotta buy and what's the best source on the internet, should I just get one from EU eBay or?

Edit: I think i pretty much need this - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002042341384.html
But I don't really trust the seller per say and i doubt i can work myself around a refund if he sends a bad product, so is there any other more local option that is more trustworthy and perhaps cheaper? Thanks

Last edited:

jjv314

Car(s)
2015 Mk7 GTI Autobah
If anyone is interested in doing this. I found someone that does the brain programming and everything. Guy is Peter Gr, you can look him up on Facebook. He's a part of the Mk7 Mafia group. Charged $850 shipped for a non-nav brain unit. Guy is super informative as well.

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Hey guys, I own an Mk7 2013 - 1.6 TDI BlueMotion, I wanna retrofit an 8" Discover Pro Media in the car, I kinda care a bit for the apps, so I don't mind getting hacked one or having it hacked post-factum. So the biggest struggle for me is that my local garages/mechanics have absolutely zero clue what I want where to get it for me, so I'm mostly asking you to show me exactly what MIB do I have to buy to make this whole thing work? I see some ridiculous prices on eBay for MIB2.5 hacked for 1000 euros something similar and since I don't really understand myself what head unit I need exactly to make an 8" Discover Pro media run I'm afraid to just buy stuff and toy with it. And apparently, I'm quite confident that my car has no MIB at all, I guess it was ripped-out pre-sale.

What's the specific serial number or Idk what that I gotta buy and what's the best source on the internet, should I just get one from EU eBay or?

Edit: I think i pretty much need this - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002042341384.html
But I don't really trust the seller per say and i doubt i can work myself around a refund if he sends a bad product, so is there any other more local option that is more trustworthy and perhaps cheaper? Thanks
You should source the parts locally and install them yourself.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I converted from MIB1 to MIB2 nearly two years ago but never got around to getting carplay enabled. Was successfully able to do so today by patching the fec signature check. all I needed was the dlink dub e100 dongle. basically followed similar instructions to the delphi guide someone posted here in the forum but used the scripts and downloads from that mibsolution site instead. on their site, they actually have a pretty easy to follow guide for the fec signature patch. didnt try the CP disabling patch though

axelpart

Car(s)
Volkswagen Sharan
Hi all, I have the following unit (attached image). I have gone through most of the pages in this thread in order to understand if it is possible to enable-patch app connect and voice control and I got confused about the infotainment model. What is the model of my unit? Is it Mib 2 or mib2 std? If is possible to enable can someone help with the patching?

Attachments

• tempImageyj0f2W.png
    tempImageyj0f2W.png
    8.2 MB · Views: 127

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7

Driver91

Hi, everyone,

after reading many posts here i got a bit confused.
Currently i have MIB1 PRO (EU version) with Dynaudio. I am looking for swap to MIB2 PRO.
MIB1 HW: 5G0 035 020
Display: 5G0 919 606

I bought:
MIB2 HW: 3G0 035 043 D
USB: 5G0 035 222 E

According to posts here i can make the unit to work with MIB1 amp, but does this works as well with Dynaudio amp? Are Dynaudio and Fender amps the same?

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Only Delphi MIB2 STD units work with Dynaudio gen1 amps.
You will need new amplifier

Driver91

Only Delphi MIB2 STD units work with Dynaudio gen1 amps.
You will need new amplifier
Thank you for the quick response. I also bought 5Q0 035 456A from aliexpress, but after reading the success with MIB1 Fender amp i taught i can even swap it myself. So now i need to find someone with ODIS here in Bulgaria to configure it, because i only have VCDS.

I guess changing the unit, USB and amp is all i need now. No changes in CAN GW are needed?

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
Thank you for the quick response. I also bought 5Q0 035 456A from aliexpress, but after reading the success with MIB1 Fender amp i taught i can even swap it myself. So now i need to find someone with ODIS here in Bulgaria to configure it, because i only have VCDS.

I guess changing the unit, USB and amp is all i need now. No changes in CAN GW are needed?

I can do all of the coding remotely
Just find D-Link and Vas5054a.
Or PM me for more info :)

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Hi there - for Audi A3 MIB2 retrofit the harness comes with 2 exposed female pins, meant to be spliced into the existing +12V/ground of the MIB harness. Does anyone know whether I need to actually strip the wires and splice them in? Or can just insert the pins somewhere. These are the instructions provided by the seller:

1645975251682.png

Chantacular

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Parts I bought:
3Q0035844A MIB2: ebay for ~$170
5G6919605C 8" display: ebay for ~$200
5G1-819-728-AG-EVO vent surround/trim: vwpartsvortex ~$100 (doesn't match the faux carbon trim, but doesn't look bad!)
5G0035222E harness + usb/aux plug: aliexpress for ~$100
VAS 5054A tool: aliexpress for ~$120
D-Link DUB-E100: ebay for ~$15
+ Various ethernet cables, sdcard, fiberglass fish rods, simaservis's time: ~$YMMV
Hello all! I've been lurking on this thread for a few months, and finally decided to go for it. I purchased all of the same part numbers listed here for my 2015 SE minus the VAS 5054A. I went with OBDEleven instead.

Hardware:
I think I had all of the old hardware out and new hardware installed in an hour or two. Routing the cable was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I found it easiest to run the cable from the glovebox like others have mentioned in this thread.

Software:
I decided to DIY install the patch to remove CP and enable all of the required FeC based on some info in another forum. After a few hours of troubleshooting everything seems to be working as expected! I used OBDEleven to do the long coding for the Fender amp, enabling charisma, and other tweaks to match my old unit. The long coding was actually the most time consuming part of the process because I didn't take a backup at the start. I ended up plugging in the old MIB1 unit to make a backup to compare with the config on my MIB2 which finally got audio working. If you have a Fender amp, make sure to read the guide in this thread about updating Module 47 byte 0 to 0x12 (Probably you have 0x22) before you remove your MIB1 unit. Once that is done you can swap the unit and continue long coding on 5F. I had to make a number of changes to 5F including byte 19 enable MOST, disable all channels on byte 4, and update byte 11 to Sound_system_external_MOST.

Impressions:
To echo everyone else, I love it! The system is so much more responsive. The backup camera is actually usable on an 8" screen. Carplay/Android Auto! What more do you need to know?

Thank you!
Thank you to @George Ab for starting/maintaining this thread and so many others for contributing all of the helpful information! I probably spent as much time digging through this thread gathering info as I did actually doing the install. I can't say thanks enough for all of the helpful posts.

Note:
I have not had a good experience with VW Parts Vortex. The trim piece had a broken vent tab on arrival, and it has been a multiple month process to get a replacement. The only way I can get any information is to call weekly to remind them. I would recommend a different vendor for the trim piece.