GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

mkca

Car(s)
Mk7
-anyone selling a VAS5054A?
- can I use any Ethernet-to-USB 2.0 or does it have to be the DLink DUBE100?
- is the service with Jack any cheaper if I already got the MIB2 amplifier?
- should I trust my local dealer when the foreman says he thinks he can do the retrofit without needing more FEC licenses? (Just uses the VIN to reset it back to stock?)

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Does anyone have a picture of how to install the usb?

mkca

Car(s)
Mk7
Only D-Link DUB E-100 will work,nothing else will work unfortuntaly.

sounds good, thank you!
should i give my local dealership a whirl with trying to restore the "stock" FEC codes back to normal after wiping them away with component protection?

I tried to message jack but he wont reply

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone gotten engine data working on a 15 yet? Trying to figure out if I need new parts or if it's just a coding problem.

gianry

Ready to race!
I originally had MIB I... all the values of the performance gauges work for me on MIB II and MIB II High (MIB 2.5). This is in a '15 TDI... I also retrofitted a highline gateway. I don't know if it makes a difference though, I already had the highline gateway installed in when I had performance gauges enabled.
could you verify engine and gateway modules soft and hard versions ?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
sounds good, thank you!
should i give my local dealership a whirl with trying to restore the "stock" FEC codes back to normal after wiping them away with component protection?

when i installed my mib2 in 2017/2018 (cant remember tbh), my dealership was able to remove CP and install the appropriate FECs to restore bluetooth and driving modes (think of it as a mib2 minus carplay). The speedbump is the actual carplay activation for 15s, in my experience, and that's where i had to call in outside help.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
when i installed my mib2 in 2017/2018 (cant remember tbh), my dealership was able to remove CP and install the appropriate FECs to restore bluetooth and driving modes (think of it as a mib2 minus carplay). The speedbump is the actual carplay activation for 15s, in my experience, and that's where i had to call in outside help.
I had a similar experience, but looking back I would not have done it that way. That visit to the dealership cost me $100 and it would have been included in the rate Jack charged me to activate carplay. Should have had him do everything.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Agreed and same. If i knew then what i know now, one and done would've been the ticket. Instead i dragged feet for a long time to get activated carplay.

I lucked out in that i only paid an hour or so of dealership time and they were kind to attempt the process. I have mentioned before they were actually referring to this thread while also being in contact with VWoA/VW Germany for assistance.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
could you verify engine and gateway modules soft and hard versions ?

Address 01: Engine (J623-CRUA) Labels:. 04L-907-309-V1.clb
Part No SW: 04L 906 021 C HW: 04L 907 309
Component: R4 2.0l TDI H23 9282

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:| 5Q0-907-530-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 530 AC HW: 5Q0 907 530 M
Component: GW MQB High 212 2203

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
sounds good, thank you!

I can help you also.
Activate all FEC,and map code for lifetime.

gianry

Ready to race!
Address 01: Engine (J623-CRUA) Labels:. 04L-907-309-V1.clb
Part No SW: 04L 906 021 C HW: 04L 907 309
Component: R4 2.0l TDI H23 9282

Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:| 5Q0-907-530-V1.clb
Part No SW: 5Q0 907 530 AC HW: 5Q0 907 530 M
Component: GW MQB High 212 2203
thanks for the info. As I thought the missing gauge values depends by engine module. I've the same gateway hardware and software like yours