GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

[HOW TO PATCH Component Protection] MIB2 Technisat/Preh Headunit Patch(gps headunits only with 2 sd card slots)

Rakib198

Car(s)
MK3 Leon
Anyone be able to tell me what cars have the MIB2 unit? I want to get another car thats bigger with this system. Vw seat Skoda ect. Any help would be much appreciated

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Anyone be able to tell me what cars have the MIB2 unit? I want to get another car thats bigger with this system. Vw seat Skoda ect. Any help would be much appreciated
Google searching by word "MQB platform" by VAG , would be helpful

And patchable mib2 is mostly available after 2016 year

Nam2

Car(s)
Golf VII TDI Variant
Just to let you know that after the "SD card patch" (described in the 1st post) I've finaly found enough time this week-end to check / make Android Auto work with my old "Samsung Galaxy S7" => it's just perfect.

My next dream would be to make Android auto work using wifi (instead of using an USB cable), is there any solution? (even by purchasing some additionnal hardware)

marour

Car(s)
Golf MK6 GTI
Hi,
Will the patch works with this unit?

Attachments

• TechniSat Preh ZR 5Q0035840C Arun.jpeg
    TechniSat Preh ZR 5Q0035840C Arun.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 346

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Alternative method:
1. Update to latest supported FW.
2. Enable developer mode with VCDS or OBDeleven
3. Install MIB2 STD Toolbox
4. Use toolbox to perform SWaP Patch
5. Review coding and adaptation values of module 5F.
6. Replace USB port with green long one for CarPlay support.

1. Update

2. Developer mode

3. Toolbox installation

4. Patching SWaP

6. USB replacement

Dominiq75

Car(s)
Skoda Octavia III
Hi I've got MIB2, 0253T, patched all Fec/swap done and all valid. Performance monitor and all working but in Full Link I only have MirrorLink showing? No android auto or apple Carplay on the full link screen? Any ideas? I know I have to change the usb port for apple Carplay to work but it should still show surely.

Any help would be appreciated! Have OBDEleven Pro
Hello there, i have the same issue on Skoda Octavia 3, i have updated to MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0253T and patch SK_ZR_P0253T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_CP_OFF_SPORT_FIXED. And i can see only MirrorLink in menu.
Have do you resolution for that? Or I just have do samething wrong?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Hello there, i have the same issue on Skoda Octavia 3, i have updated to MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0253T and patch SK_ZR_P0253T_FEC_ALL_CID_OFF_CP_OFF_SPORT_FIXED. And i can see only MirrorLink in menu.
Have do you resolution for that? Or I just have do samething wrong?
Diagnostic interface > module 5F > adaptation > vehicle configuration > Google GAL & Apple DIO > enable & enable

xeoninside

Car(s)
Tiguan 5N
Hello there,
On mibsolution I found the firmware MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0369T only for the EU variant, it seems that the latest MU for US varaint is 0367T, does anyone have a US variant for 0369T? Much appreciated!

harm

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Variant 2.0TDI
Hi,

I'm thinking of updating the firmware in my car as a first step before patching for Voice Control and smartphone connection stuff activation.

My car is equipped with MIB2 device:

3Q0035864C
SW version: 0468
SW Train: MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0468T

It was never updated, after purchasing the car, nor was it patched in any way.

Before I do anything I decided to gather a bunch of information, to minimize to risk of doing something wrong.
After doing some research on the Internet, some questions have arisen:

1. Is firmware (MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0480T-3G0919360QQ) from https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MST2 - TechniSat Preh/Firmware/VW_ZR proper my unit?
The SW Train seems to be correct, but there is this appendix: 3G0919360QQ, which does not seem to be a MIB unit version. Is this something I should really worry about?
2. My car has all menus in polish. Will the language be preserved after the firmware update?
3. mib-helper.com/what-the-mib does not know anything about my unit (3Q0035864). Does it mean it is a rare version, no one ever updated it on their own, and I should expect problems? Or does it simply mean it's not in mib-helper database and a new firmware should work fine with it?
4. On some videos I saw that the unit requires some kind of update confirmation to become operational, but on others the confirmation could be done later. What it depends on?

I would appreciate any help in resolving my doubts.

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Hi,

I'm thinking of updating the firmware in my car as a first step before patching for Voice Control and smartphone connection stuff activation.

3Q0035864C

Before I do anything I decided to gather a bunch of information, to minimize to risk of doing something wrong.

1. Is firmware (MST2_EU_VW_ZR_P0480T-3G0919360QQ) from https://mibsolution.one/#/1/9/MST2 - TechniSat Preh/Firmware/VW_ZR proper my unit?
The SW Train seems to be correct, but there is this appendix: 3G0919360QQ, which does not seem to be a MIB unit version. Is this something I should really worry about?
2. My car has all menus in polish. Will the language be preserved after the firmware update?
3. mib-helper.com/what-the-mib does not know anything about my unit (3Q0035864). Does it mean it is a rare version, no one ever updated it on their own, and I should expect problems? Or does it simply mean it's not in mib-helper database and a new firmware should work fine with it?
4. On some videos I saw that the unit requires some kind of update confirmation to become operational, but on others the confirmation could be done later. What it depends on?

1. yes you can update untill if it is technisat/preh unit (only you need to be in your sw train like in your case you have 04xx sw train so you can only upgrade to 04xx sw train) for example if you have 02xx sw train then you cant upgrade to 04xx sw train without some more effort

2. yes your polish language will be preserved , if you flash mst2_eu_vw_zr_p0480T(eu firmware), if you flash american then i dont know

3.welcome to universe of mib , try mibwiki insted of mib helper

4. yes, if you patch your unit then you will get a error and you rectify it later

ash9949

Ready to race!
Car(s)
golf 7
Hi,

3Q0035864C

follow mrfix videos on youtube and he aslo have polish youtube channel
he does a good job at explaining things regarding mib2

harm

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Variant 2.0TDI
Thanks a lot for your answers.

I’ve already seen mrfix’es videos, they are indeed very helpful. Thanks to them I made some minor changes in the adaptations.

I looked deeper through this thread:

https://www-digital--eliteboard-com..._sl=pl&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=pl&_x_tr_pto=wapp

And found something new, a bit disturbing. In the first message it is written there is some limitation for cars with Virtual Cockpit, AID I believe for VW.

“The procedure is the same, whether update or patch With virtual cockpit also only conditionally (depends on the HW)”

As it happens my car has AID, so I have to investigate it before doing anything. So far I’ve read about 30 out of 70 pages of the thread, with a translator, but haven’t found more info. If I don’t find an explanation, I will register at that forum and ask for more details.