GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - HD Clutch Stop - for less than a dollar! for all MQB MK7 Golf 5 and 6MT

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Took advantage of the above bump to DIY this -- can confirm, works great! Thanks for the write-up 👍

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpeg
    IMG_1102.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 125

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
Planning on doing this mod over the weekend.
In a quick search of HomeDepot's website, it looks like this is closer to a $9 mod than "less than a dollar", but it's simplicity and accessibility make it a winner regardless!

Looking forward to it.... although a little worried that it's going to lead to me wanting a short shifter and a weighted shift knob.
Darn you Pandora!

abbasvirjee

Car(s)
2015 GTI - Manual
After much trouble to create an account (found out at Gmail doesn't work with the confirmation email), this is my first response on a post. I actually created an account just to respond to this post.
I just wanted to say that this tutorial helped me a ton as I was trying to look for DIY methods on installing a clutch stop, this guide dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. I had to use 2 washers, as anything more than that, the clutch wouldn't engage and the car wouldn't turn on.

Thanks a lot!

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
After much trouble to create an account (found out at Gmail doesn't work with the confirmation email), this is my first response on a post. I actually created an account just to respond to this post.
I just wanted to say that this tutorial helped me a ton as I was trying to look for DIY methods on installing a clutch stop, this guide dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's. I had to use 2 washers, as anything more than that, the clutch wouldn't engage and the car wouldn't turn on.

Thanks a lot!
I rarely come here anymore but came here just to say thanks for taking the time to drop a message, and glad this is still helping others!

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Planning on doing this mod over the weekend.
In a quick search of HomeDepot's website, it looks like this is closer to a $9 mod than "less than a dollar", but it's simplicity and accessibility make it a winner regardless!

Looking forward to it.... although a little worried that it's going to lead to me wanting a short shifter and a weighted shift knob.
Darn you Pandora!
Prices appear to have gone up significantly.. at the time of writing this a pack of four was under 4$

abbasvirjee

Car(s)
2015 GTI - Manual
Prices appear to have gone up significantly.. at the time of writing this a pack of four was under 4$
Yes, the cheapest I could find was Etsy for USD10, but shipping to Canada was $20, so the DIY was more than helpful to get it for about CAD10 all in with a trip to HD.